Based on the proven Montessori learning method, Bongo helps children develop their reading, writing and spelling skills by building words from a database of over 450 grouped words and images. Bongo's Montessori Spelling Adventure with Phonics Alphabet is the next installment in the popular BrightStart series of educational apps for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Our multi-user application brings together experiences in the classroom to your children's hands with the bonus of allowing parents and teachers to review and monitor their progress and lesson plan.
Bongo's Montessori Spelling Adventure is aimed at children between Grade 1 through to Grade 4. We support up to 50 simultaneous user accounts with individual lesson plans allowing careful tailoring for each learner. Further to this progress can be tracked, reviewed and easily emailed simply from the app!
* Help children develop and understand letter recognition through sounds and phonics
* Children can then build on the phonemes to create, recognise and improve word structure for spelling
* Further develop reading and literacy
App features include:
* Over 450 illustrated words and sounds
* Easy to complex word categories aligned with the Montessori learning method
* Categories include Easy/Advanced Short Vowels, Easy/Advanced Long Vowels, Double Letters, Blends, Silent and Soft sounds
* Multi user capability - ideal for classroom environment
* Each user can have their own lesson plan based on the level and ability
* Fun game is included with lots of hidden interactive features to encourage autonomy, self-confidence and engagement
* User reviews and progress reports can be triggered via email easily through the application
* Choose between capital, lower-case or cursive letter trays
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for help or suggestions as we cannot respond to reviews.
Bongo's Montessori Spelling Adventure with Phonics Alphabet is Free for a limited version with $0.99 in-app purchase of each word pack (6 packs)
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a MOMs with Apps member, we follow the "Know what's inside" best practices for kids’ apps.
BrightStart takes children's privacy very seriously. Our app:
- Does not contain ads
- Does not contain integration with social networks
- Does not include links to other apps
- Does not use analytics / data collection tools
- Does not share any information with 3rd party groups
For more information, please see our website http://www.brightstartapps.com
Bug Fixes and Performance Enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Does not teach correct Pronunciation of letter sounds
I do not recommend this game for one simple reason, it does not teach correct letter sounds. You do not want your child picking up the habit of adding “uh” to the end of sounds. For example when you press the letter T the sound the app makes is tuh. Children who pick up the habit of adding uh to the end of sounds have a harder time learning to blend.
Helping my son with his test scores
There is nothing new about this app but it seems to keep my son engaged. This works for us as we have tried many of the apps out there with little success. The break game between words is a good distraction and helps keep his attention.
Absolutely fantastic. Great interactive learning tool. Full rich game with multiple levels, multi user capabilities and rewards for each child after each success. Allows Independant use. Highly recommended from this educator
- BrightStart LLC
- 373.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Brightstart, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Easy Short Vowels $0.99
- Easy Long Vowels $0.99
- Montessori Blends $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.