Book Scanner quickly scans book barcodes (ISBN) and finds the books on Apple Books or in other sources. Simply hold up a book’s barcode to iPhone’s camera and Book Scanner will scan it automatically. Book Scanner remembers your scanned books and you can buy them on Apple Books at your convenience.
Go Premium and gain access to a multitude of other sources, including Amazon Kindle, Google Books and the Norwegian National Library. You can choose the ordering within the sources yourself, creating a custom experience just for you. Use your favourite ebook-source and start digitising your library. The books can be bought easily through most of the sources.
Scanning book barcodes is faster than a manual search. Never forget the name of a good book again! Book Scanner is very useful in bookstores, while digitising your own library or in other places where good books can be found.
- Quickly scan ISBN barcodes.
- Buy Apple Books directly from within the app.
- History lets you scan books and save them for later. Great when you are in a hurry at a store!
- Go Premium! Adds support for Amazon Kindle, Google Books and the Norwegian National Library as book sources and removes ads. Buy Premium as an in-app purchase through Settings or scan a book not present on Apple Books. Book Scanner will remember books found through premium sources if you decide to go Premium at a later time. The book sources can ordered as you please, creating a custom experience just for you.
- Share a scanned book with your friends through iOS8 extensions.
- Use Book Scanner to manage your citations! Export book details in either plain text, BibTeX or Markdown.
- The Today Widget gives you easy access to the latest scanned book.
- Use the flashlight to enable scanning in low light situations.
View the app in action here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxoHvd8-k9Q
Finally, Book Scanner is ready for iOS 13 and dark mode! I've also added a lot of improvements based on your feedback. Premium users receives the following goodies:
- Added the ISBN Database as a book source. Book Scanner should now find even more obscure titles
- All book sources can now be re-ordered, not only Apple Books, Amazon or Google Books
- The source websites of books from other sources than Apple Books can now be opened within the app
In addition, everybody gets:
- Support for iOS 13 dark mode
- The list of all scanned books can now be exported and shared
- Also improved sharing text when sharing a single book
- Introduced optional haptic feedback throughout Book Scanner
- Book Scanner should behave better when iPhone has a flaky Internet connection
And some bugs where squeezed too, sorry about those:
- Fixed access to Amazon that was missing for some users
- Fixed a crash bug that could manifest when a book was shared
- Removed ISBN Search as a book source
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Don't bother! There are better out there
Only one scan allowed before it asks you to purchase premium version. It won't keep the scan either- no history. So pointless!
Developer Response ,
This means the book wasn't found in iBooks, but in one of the other premium sources. All history is preserved and the book will appear in the history after a premium purchase.
Intelligent and useful
Interesting and intelligent app. Works well, even better after paying .99 for premium. Out of 20 scans at bookstore, only one not found. Great time saver for finding and remembering books.
Free version does nothing but invite you to buy the premium version...
Developer Response ,
Books found in Apple Books will always be visible, even without Premium. The pop-up is there to let you know that the book can be found, but not in Apple Books. If the book is not available in Apple Books but exists in other sources, the book will appear in history if Premium is purchased.
- Runar Ovesen Hjerpbakk
- 40.2 MB
Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2014 - 2020 Runar Ovesen Hjerpbakk
- In-App Purchases
- Premium $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.