Now Serving 83,000 Book Clubs (and counting!)
“This sweet little app was specifically designed to make your book club life easier.” — Book Riot
“Make your book club official and create a place to share with each other on BookMovement.”—Brit + Co
Built for book clubs and collectively curated by book clubs.
You and your club members can have a shared, private bookshelf that puts meeting details, RVSPs, discussion questions, book info, book club ratings and Amazon & iBooks links for your books at your fingertips--and sends automatic, customizable book club reminder emails to your members.
But that’s only the beginning — Explore our weekly 100 Top Book Club Picks list, get custom book recommendations for your book club, and discover books by adjective to suit your mood.
WEEKLY LIST OF TOP 100 BOOK CLUB PICKS
“I am often asked for book club recommendations. Here is a great list for your consideration.”— author Kristin Hannah
Our Weekly Top Club Picks List tracks the 100 books our 83,000 book clubs are talking about, each rated and reviewed by book clubs, and is the only list of its kind.
CUSTOM BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS FOR YOUR BOOK CLUB
As you add and rate your upcoming and past and possible book club selections on your club page, our system generates book recommendations for your book club, based on over 1 million book club ratings from our 83,000 book clubs.
BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS BY ADJECTIVE
Looking for a life-changing read? Epic? Romantic? Tap the adjective on our discover tab and find the book to suit your mood.
Since 2004, BookMovement.com has been the premier online destination for book clubs.
And now, we’ve created the first app for book clubs. Built and happily tested by book clubs. And ready to welcome yours.
HOW IT WORKS
• Book Club Simplified —Add meeting details, book selections, notes and host & the app sends automatic, customizable meeting reminders to your members to RSVP & add the meeting to their calendar with all the details—then hosts & admins can see who’s coming & what they’re bringing, get a count for food & seating and all your members can glance at discussion questions for your reading. At or after your meeting, when your club decides on a new book selection, add it ASAP so book information, book club ratings & reviews and instant access to Amazon & iBooks will be at your members’ fingertips and sent to your members the next day.
As an Amazon & iBooks associate, we earn from your purchases—and we use those earnings to provide this service to you and your book club.
• Cast Your Vote — Find a book you’d like to recommend to your club? Make club book selection a snap by adding a book as a possible club pick, then read about & vote (anonymously) on your favorites recommended by other club members.
• Happy Book Hunting….Looking for your next read? Browse custom book recommendations for your book club on your club screen—read about the books and add them to your Possible Club Picks in a tap. These recommendations change according to what your book club reads and how you & your members rate your book club selections. You can also discover books by adjective on our Discover tab, based on over 1,000,000 book club ratings; Explore New Releases—all rated & reviewed by book clubs. And updated weekly.
• Heart Your Finds — Save books you’d like to read with a tap of the heart button to Your Finds List, make a note of where you saw the book or who recommended it to you, then tap to buy. It’s like a shopping list for books!
Fixed some small usability issues and added the ability to delete your account if needed.
Ratings and Reviews
Has potential- but can be frustrating
I want to love this app! I love that it lets us add our books up front (one of my groups pick all our books at the start of our year; and the other group picks just a few months at a time). I love that we can scroll back to see our previous reads I love that it sends reminders to start the book a week before the meeting. I love that we can add books our group has discussed but don’t want to pick as an official read just yet.
I wish that i could have a place to add my own questions or talking points for the books as I am reading. I know there’s a tab for “questions” but rarely are there any questions there; nor does it let me enter my own.
I wish there was a spot for a running group chat. Some book group conversations aren’t book specific.
And I find it very frustrating that the app itself doesn’t have a “delete” meeting option.
And it is definitely most annoying that it keeps pulling a very incorrect book cover (I wonder if it’s a trick to promote some new books). I have replaced this cover multiple times and it immediately reverts to the wrong book. The title of the book at the top of the page is correct- but definite wrong cover. The website actually shows the correct book cover. But not the app. So I know they have the correct cover in their database.
So much potential for this app to be amazing. But a few very frustrating glitches and a lack of some basic logical functions.
Developer Response ,
Hi--it's Pauline, founder of BookMovement. I want you to love this app too & I hate that you are frustrated! First, you have a web version of your page on BookMovement.com (same login as app) which has full functionality (you can delete your meeting there.) Second, about the book covers, nothing sinister! Just a bug we are fixing in our new update coming next week. & as for the reading guides, I hand-input discussion questions, so if you email me at Pauline@bookmovement.com, I can look up and see your upcoming picks and hunt down discussion questions for you. & please email me anytime and thanks for your feedback.
This app has some great features, including the ability for each group member to be able to add their choice options for the next month’s book and the “like” button to allow the group to vote individually and anonymously. It is also convenient that when you set up the meeting time, you can opt for it to send your group members reminder emails, which is helpful considering everyone has other things going on.
I really wish there was a way to allow for a moderator or someone to oversee/manage it though, as I am the one in my group who sets it up every month. It is annoying that I have to tell the people in my group to go back and delete last months picks, and other things like that. It is also very glitchy, which can be quite frustrating at times. If they would fix these things the app would be much better.
This has been super helpful for our book club
I had been looking around for a while to find something to get our book club’s books organized electronically. Stumbled upon this app probably from somewhere on social media and immediately installed it, investigated it, and presented to my club. Everyone enthusiastically jumped on board and we even went back and catalogued old books from prior years so we would have everything at our fingertips. It’s been super helpful to keep us organized, log several months worth of books to come and meeting sites (pre-Covid). We are still using this along with our zoom book club meetings to keep meeting info up to date and book selections current. It’s great! As a bonus, recently I’ve signed up for and listened to some great author interviews. So fun!! Definitely recommend!!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BookMovement, LLC
- 45.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 BookMovement, LLC