Forgot which books you have read? Tired of buying books you already own? Not sure what to checkout at the library? Want to tell others about what you are reading and share thoughts?
Welcome to Book Crawler- the HIGHEST RATED book database in the App Store has now come to OSx! With Book Crawler, you finally have a way to quickly and accurately upload your entire book collection into one easy-to-manage library cataloging database! Adding new books to your database is simple and fast with the ISBN barcode scanner or manual search. Title, author, publisher, copyright, cover art, summaries, and Goodreads ® reviews are automatically generated when you enter a book. Locate all books and editions written by your favorite author. Sort and search your library collection with selected or custom parameters to quickly categorize or navigate your entries for quick recall. It’s a great tool for library professionals, book collectors, avid readers, teachers, and students!
* Harness the power of Google Books ® to support searches, book summaries, and downloadable cover artwork
* View Goodreads ® reviews for your books
* Supports ASIN format for logging Amazon Kindle ® e-books
* Upload books using integrated iSight scanner - companion scanner app available in iOS store https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/book-crawler-scanner/id602904079?mt=8
* 'Smart Collection' function allows you to customize sorting and searches based on rules you set (e.g. books read in the last year, by genre, etc.)
* New entries automatically load title, author, artwork, genre, series, ISBN, publisher, format, and copyright for most books
* Sort and view your database by title, author, copyright, date, decimal, genre, collection, rating, if read/when, ownership status, media format, series information, loan status, price, or customizable fields
* Enter multiple books by author or multiple authors for a book
* Edit data for multiple books at once
* Use Dropbox ® service or our in-app web interface to backup/restore, import CSV and SQLite files, transferring information from your iOS devices and your mac
* Use iCloud to sync your database between your macs (coming to iOS soon)
New features and improvements are continuously added to make Book Crawler the most popular and useful book cataloging database available!
Note: Book Crawler is not an e-Reader and does not allow you to read books.
Fixed a sort by author error. (44774)
Fixed a problem that caused downloads from the cloud to fail. (44627)
Added cloud syncing documents under Help. (44627)
Updates to database view that provide more help and explanation. (44537)
Added an app extension to Book Crawler to show database details when viewing .bcs files. (44537)
Added a support link for sending any files moved to trash to the developer. (43661)
Fixed a crash that occurred when error was detected while removing duplicates (43647)
Fixed a crash that could occur after cloud download failed. (43644)
Fixed the default value for locked entry when adding new books. (43642)
Fixed intermittent crashes while viewing database file info. (43621)
Added a support link for recovering files that were deleted. (43621)
Ratings and Reviews
Love the app but would like tech support, have had serious problems with the app and only once in a while can I get help from Apple support, they don't like to work with third party apps.. Right now data is corrupted in the cloud on iphone and can get correct database to download on imac. Very frustrating!!!
I'm incredibly impressed with the support
I have been using BookCrawler for some months now and somehow got my database sideways trying to get it stored in iCloud (I have several devices and wasn't syncing properly). Anyhow, I contacted Support and to my surprise Jaime got back to me almost immediately. (I guess I expected to get a kind of generic "read the help files" response but was surprised to hear from the actual developer). Over the course of a couple of days and multiple emails Jaime has been walking me through solutions to my issues. Very impressed and as a result I recommend this app highly. Outstanding service!
I give up!
I have used Bookcrawler for quite a few years now and was veery pleased with the app. I really had no problems with it. With the latest update I can't figure anything out! It used to be easy to add a book - now it is not obvious how to do this and I spend too much time trying to find the add option. When I finally found it - I realized one of the problem is the color of the search box is so dark - it doesn't show up on my screen. I also can no longer find search to check what books I've read. This app went from being pretty good to being HORRIBLE. Don't waste your money.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jaime Stokes
- 41.6 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15.5 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2012, Chiisai App Solutions, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $0.99
- Yearly $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.