Book Track is an iPhone, iPad, and Mac app that can track your books — both the ones you own and the ones you hope to own in the future.
Avid readers know how difficult it can be to keep tabs on a growing book collection and that's where Book Track comes into its own by making it quicker and easier than ever to track your reading. Not only can you track all of the books that you own, as well as how far you've read, but you can also keep a wishlist of the books that you'd like to pick up in the future. Whether a book is in your 'Library' or your 'Wishlist,' Book Track displays information and gorgeous cover art for all of them. While Book Track uses information from the internet, more obscure books can also be added manually, too.
Book Track is a free app and is limited to 5 books. A single in-app purchase unlocks support for unlimited books across iPhone and iPad. A separate purchase is required to unlock the full Mac app.
Book Track users can look forward to:
- A synchronized list of books and information — whether you save a book on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, it'll be synced across all devices. Both your Library and Wishlist will be synced seamlessly and automatically so you'll never lose a book again — or buy the same book twice because you forgot you already own it!
- Easy and comprehensive book organization — Every book you add to your Library can be marked as read, reading, or unread, with each book also supporting tags to help you find similar books throughout your collection. Book information like title, author, description, publisher, year of publication, genre, and even the description can also be edited to make your Library as accurate or personal as possible.
- Quote saving — Find a passage within a book that you want to save for later? Book Track can save your favorite quotes in one place so you can read them again later. You can even put them on your Home screen using a widget.
- All the stats, right where you'll see them — Book Track collects library and reading statistics and puts them right on your Home screen with gorgeous widgets. iPad users can enjoy an extra large widget with even more stats, too!
- Support for importing books from services like Goodreads, BookBuddy, Reading List, and more — It's never been easier to import your books from other apps and services so you don't have to start building your library all over again. Book collections can also be exported to PDF and CSV as well.
- Deep integration with iOS and macOS — Book Track includes support for the latest Apple features including Shortcuts and Siri, while Widgets can be used to put your favorite quotes right onto your Home screen.
- Privacy — Book Track doesn't collect any of your personal data and doesn't track you in any way. Books should be fun, not another reason to worry about your data privacy.
- Added the possibility to manually sort the book in a Series
- Minor improvements to the Statistics section
Book Tracker is developed by an indie developer. I’m happy to receive feedback and feature request. If you like the app, leave a review. If you need help, write an email to email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Clean design & easy to use
The layout is clean and doesn’t overwhelm me. I have tried several book tracking apps but they overwhelm me with graphs and too much info to imput and/or they were ugly. I like that the organization in this app can be as detailed as you want without it being visually/mentally overwhelming. I think it’s nice that it has a section to log if you have loaned out a book so you can remember to check back with the person at some point. Something that isn’t really a necessity but would be nice is if there was a setting to choose the default way we read. I almost always read audiobooks so it would be nice to set that as the default format when selecting a book.
EDIT: I am trying to add locations to all my books. But the selection options I made for the location, bookcase, shelf sections almost never show up. I have to re-type them every time I want to add a location to a new book. Since my books are all audiobooks, I chose to type the location as the setting of the book (e.g. medieval France), the bookcase as the app I have access to the book (e.g. Scribd), and the shelf is for the type of access I need for the book (e.g. free with sub). It’s not really a huge deal day-to-day, but I am trying to backlog 50 books so the increased effort is noticed.
I love this app I just have one suggestion!!!
I absolutely love this app. As soon as I started using it, I wanted to switch all my book/reading tracking so I instantly bought the premium version. Currently going through the process of brining everything over from my other apps (goodreads/StoryGraph) but I had one quick question.
Im making locations for multiple different collections. I have multiple shelves thst have different genres and types of books fiction/creative nonfiction/memoir/poetry/spirituality/information/philosophy/politics/etc and i want to make sure everything is in the right spot. Whenever I tap the ‘+’ when I am in the tab for a specific location to add a book to this specific location, I add the book but then I see that it was just added to my general library and then I have to manually go in and move that book to that location. I think thst if I open up a location and add a book entry from inside that location, that that book should automatically go into that location. It would be really helpful with adding stuff so I don’t have to then find the entry and manually add a specific location status after the fact!!
I know this is so small of a thing but it would be really cool and I also see that there seems to be developers of this app who are really dedicated to making it better and that’s part of the reason I really want to support it!
Blows Away All Competition
6-5 Edit: The creators of this app are so nice and responsive! They truly want to make the best app possible and really take their users feedback into account, which is one of the most important things to me when it comes to apps. If I could rate this higher I would!
I am so happy I could cry! I am a huge book nerd and this latest update has made my year! All of the things on my wish list I had emailed about in the past, and ones I just silently hoped for, seem to be in this update (being able to log minutes listened for audiobooks, hardcover vs paperback, multiple editions of the same book, not having to specify which shelf). I recently got into the world of special editions (for modern books not just classics) and this makes things so much easier. I love when developers listen to their users! I will recommend this app to everyone - it’s hands down the best!
Developer Response ,
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Simone Montalto
- 56.2 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Slovenian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Simone Montalto
- In-App Purchases
- Book Tracker Pro (Lifetime) $10.99
- Great tip $9.99
- Medium tip $4.99
- Huge tip $19.99
- Small tip $1.99
- Large tip $14.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.