BookBuddy is a powerful book management app that gives you access to your entire book catalog, anywhere. Using BookBuddy is fun and easy, allowing you to quickly find any book in your library, share your favorite books, and keep track of borrowed and lent books.
- BookBuddy has all the features of BookBuddy Pro with a 50 book limit.
- BookBuddy can be upgraded via In-App Purchase for unlimited book storage.
* SLEEK & FUNCTIONAL: BookBuddy is cleanly designed and simple to use.
* BUILT-IN SYNCING: Seamlessly sync your BookBuddy library across all your devices using iCloud or Dropbox. Your data stays in sync so that you always have the up-to-date version of your library on all your iOS devices.
* BE PRODUCTIVE: Multitask seamlessly on iPad with full Split View support in iOS 9.
* HIGH PERFORMANCE: BookBuddy easily supports large book collections. Some of our users manage more than 10,000 books!
* ONE-STEP ADD: You can add books to your BookBuddy library by simply scanning the barcode or by searching Google Books.
* KEEP TRACK: Keep track of where your books are, which books you’ve borrowed, and to whom you’ve loaned books.
* PERSONALIZE: Create your own categories for organizing your books, maintain your own Wish List, mark your Favorites for instant access, and add personal notes about any given book.
* QUICK FIND: Instantly locate any book in your BookBuddy library by entering a search keyword or by scanning the book’s barcode.
* EASILY SHARE: Share your favorite books using Facebook, Twitter, and email. You can even export all or selected portions of your BookBuddy library in standard file formats for colleagues and friends to view on their computer or any other device.
* RELIABLE BACKUP: Keep your hard work safe by backing up your entire library to the cloud using Dropbox service. If you ever lose your iPhone you can restore your BookBuddy library on any iOS device, instantly!
* IMPORT 3RD PARTY DATA: Import from other popular book catalog apps, such as Google Books, GoodReads, LibraryThing, Shelfari, and Anobii to ensure that your BookBuddy library is always up-to-date.
* AND MUCH MORE: Assign multiple tags to books, sort books by any field, arrange books in a series, manage each book’s reading status, easily print information about selected books to AirPrint-enabled printers, and much much more!
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
“Book collectors best friend”
“I love my BookBuddy app!! As a book collector I no longer worry about buying doubles. When friends borrow my books I know exactly where they are, and Within seconds I can tell exactly what I have and don't have. Makes my hobby so much more enjoyable!” (Nina G.)
“This is the BEST app to inventory your library. Fast, efficient, easy and FUN to use. I love it! Now no more buying duplicate books. I take my "library" everywhere I go on my iPhone! Awesome!” (Cheryl C.)
“Delivered as promised”
“Easy to use, easy to manage, but does precisely what you need, maintain a database of your personal book collection, loans and wanna-haves with sheer genius simplicity. Best app I ever bought!” (Arjen. P)
We love staying in touch with our users and we look forward to hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or visit: http://www.kimicoapps.com/support.html
Follow us on Facebook:
Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Great for book collection and wishlist
I used to keep track of books, movies, and shows etc. on plaintext lists, but these apps designed specifically to keep those lists yet also provide additional information and a better interface are so nice, this is the best one I found for keeping track of books.
The app is updated fairly frequently for this type of app also the developers seem to care about improving this experience.
Update: using this app again after not using for awhile and book collection has grown exponentially. I love the variety of types of categorization (categories, tags, physical location, and many more options including custom fields you can create. This is helpful as my books are all over the place-multiple physical locations, kindle, Apple Books, audible, etc. There are also many options for tracking progress and status of books. The design of the app allows for vast complexity in organization while maintaining simplicity in user interface and makes it easy to edit the metadata on the fly. I also own book track app, which also has Mac app, but the design and usability of Book Buddy made me confident going all in with this app. Hopefully, with Catalyst and other developments on the Mac, this app will eventually be ported to the Mac also, which I would absolutely pay for again!
Enjoying the app
I am enjoying the app very much. We are a home school family and have many books coming and going from multiple libraries. Keeping track of them all can be a crazy task. With this app I can enter in all of the books as I check them out and know quickly what books we have. I really like the feature of returning the books. Sometimes our libraries may not get a returned book scanned in and I comes up over due. But I have no way to prove I have returned it. With this app I can have a record I have returned it.
One change I would make to this app would to allow scanning in movies, cds, magazines, anything that could be checked out in a library. This way app users could keep track of these loaned items also.
Thank you for a sanity saver!
Lacks Basic Information
When upgrading from BookBuddy to BookBuddy Pro there is little to no guidance on how to integrate the basic and upgraded versions of this app. I spent many hours over the past few days scanning ISBN numbers and manually inputting book data into the basic version. I expected that the upgrade would be seamless, incorporating the previously cataloged books into the Pro version with its larger capacity. Not so. I have tried syncing the data, tried importing, tried to contact the developer — no phone number—tried You Tube, searching for a how-to video, all to no avail. The books I catalogued are still sitting in the basic version, and when I click on “upgrade” it instructs me to buy the Pro version for $4.99, which I already did! I even phoned Apple’s support line, and they insisted on remotely accessing my laptop, even though the app was only on my iPad. That felt invasive and violating, and unnecessary. In the end, they offered no help, just the suggestion to contact the app developer. Square one. Kimico Ltd. needs to do a better job of creating a user friendly app and providing adequate support. Some of the books I listed in the basic version also are not showing up in the overall list, although when I tried to relist them, a message appeared saying the books were already included, although they could not be seen in the master list. At this point, I am considering alternative book cataloguing apps.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your honest feedback. Clearly you had a bad experience that we wish to fix ASAP! Please note that our technical support is available 24/7 and responds in less than 24 hours. In most cases we respond much faster... You can contact us via our website at https://www.kimicoapps.com, via BookBuddy app by selecting Settings > Send Feedback, or via the App Store app by selecting "App Support" appearing on BookBuddy app page. We look forward to your email to provide you the instructions to transfer your library from the free to the pro version. Our email is email@example.com
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kimico Ltd
- 27.8 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Kimico Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- BookBuddy Pro Features $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.