BookBuddy is a powerful book management app that gives you access to your entire book catalog, anywhere. Using BookBuddy is fun and easy, allowing you to quickly find any book in your library, share your favorite books, and keep track of borrowed and lent books.
* SLEEK & FUNCTIONAL: BookBuddy is cleanly designed and simple to use.
* BUILT-IN SYNCING: Seamlessly sync your BookBuddy library across all your devices using iCloud or Dropbox. Your data stays in sync so that you always have the up-to-date version of your library on all your iOS devices.
* BE PRODUCTIVE: Multitask seamlessly on iPad with full Split View support in iOS 9.
* HIGH PERFORMANCE: BookBuddy easily supports large book collections. Some of our users manage more than 10,000 books!
* ONE-STEP ADD: You can add books to your BookBuddy library by simply scanning the barcode or by searching Google Books.
* KEEP TRACK: Keep track of where your books are, which books you’ve borrowed, and to whom you’ve loaned books.
* PERSONALIZE: Create your own categories for organizing your books, maintain your own Wish List, mark your Favorites for instant access, and add personal notes about any given book.
* QUICK FIND: Instantly locate any book in your BookBuddy library by entering a search keyword or by scanning the book’s barcode.
* EASILY SHARE: Share your favorite books using Facebook, Twitter, and email. You can even export all or selected portions of your BookBuddy library in standard file formats for colleagues and friends to view on their computer or any other device.
* RELIABLE BACKUP: Keep your hard work safe by backing up your entire library to the cloud using Dropbox service. If you ever lose your iPhone you can restore your BookBuddy library on any iOS device, instantly!
* IMPORT 3RD PARTY DATA: Import from other popular book catalog apps, such as Google Books, GoodReads, LibraryThing, Shelfari, and Anobii to ensure that your BookBuddy library is always up-to-date.
* AND MUCH MORE: Assign multiple tags to books, sort books by any field, arrange books in a series, manage each book’s reading status, easily print information about selected books to AirPrint-enabled printers, and much much more!
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
“Book collectors best friend”
“I love my BookBuddy app!! As a book collector I no longer worry about buying doubles. When friends borrow my books I know exactly where they are, and Within seconds I can tell exactly what I have and don't have. Makes my hobby so much more enjoyable!” (Nina G.)
“This is the BEST app to inventory your library. Fast, efficient, easy and FUN to use. I love it! Now no more buying duplicate books. I take my "library" everywhere I go on my iPhone! Awesome!” (Cheryl C.)
“Delivered as promised”
“Easy to use, easy to manage, but does precisely what you need, maintain a database of your personal book collection, loans and wanna-haves with sheer genius simplicity. Best app I ever bought!” (Arjen. P)
We love staying in touch with our users and we look forward to hearing from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or visit: http://www.kimicoapps.com/support.html
Follow us on Facebook:
Bug fixes and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
The best library management app out there
This is by far my favorite iOS/iPadOS app, using it almost daily to catalog my entire collection. While not as extensive as some, I’ve added about 850 titles so far with lots more to go. I’ve added each one manually, since online search frequently pulls in incorrect information uploaded from other sources (not BookBuddy’s fault!). Some features I particularly appreciate are the attention to detail and the amount of information that’s able to be recorded for each book. I am actually considering using the Library of Congress Classification system for my library and this app supports it! If I have any suggestions for the app’s improvement, they would be the following:
- Multiple authors per title. This could be extended to translators, editors, etc. Having only one author results in some co-authors being difficult to locate in the database.
- BC dates!!!!!! This is a must have, since all my titles published “pre-Jesus” are listed as year 1, with a note at the bottom documenting the correct year. Those with a lot of Plato, Homer, etc. will go crazy.
- It would be nice if the Date Added and Purchase Date fields could be stored as year only, consistent with all other date fields. This is my OCD nature coming through, but I’d like to be able to document books I purchased decades ago, but obviously don’t remember the exact dates.
I did not want to pay for an app to organize my books, so I tried about 10 different free methods and apps. Hated every single one of them. Someone on a Facebook group suggested Book Buddy, even sent me a video of them using it, I was cautious but within a day I was in love. Easy to scan in new and old books, create separate libraries for your kids, keep track of loaned books, and best of all, you can personalize the categorization of your library! Need a 1,000 word novella, no problem. Need a grade 12 standard, no problem. I am loving it. Only downside is textbooks. But to be honest only a few of us are likely to keep to many of them anyway, and you can always manually search by title, author, or isbn. And you can link up with other app users, so yeah. I kinda recommend if you have more than 100 books, after that I couldn’t memorize them well enough, but hey. You do you. But seriously, why try a free app that limits the books you can catalogue when Book Buddy is cheap enough and worth so much more. Bask in the glory of a well catalogued book collection!
Works like a charm!
This app fits by needs by far. It can catagorize books by, name, price, publisher, etc. The app gives you unlimited amount of books in you personal library. The best benefit of this app is the barcode scanner. It can always find the name and other information about your book just by scanning the barcode! If your book can't be scanned, they even give you a little internet to search for your book. If it isn't on the internet or it can't scan on the barcode scanner, you can add it manually. I only had to do this once for a local book I bought. As you might see, I did take off a star. I took of this star just because it costs money. I don't think it is necessary to cost money. Newsflash, you're not going to make a lot of money with this app! They even have a free one that I originally had, but it only let you have forty books in your library. Guess what?! They didn't even tell you about the forty books only rule. Consequently, when I had took my time to scan 40 books, it shut me off! Telling me only 40 books! Anyways, that is their problem. The rest of the app was really good, if I could I would give it a four in a half rating. But now I'm happy to give it a 4 out of 5 star rating!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Kimico Ltd
- 28.2 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 Kimico Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.