Booklet is the application which allows you to create a booklet from any PDF file. It handles right-to-left languages such as Arabic, Hebrew, Persian, and Urdu as has may other options to customise your booklet creation.
On how to open your PDF with the Booklet application please consider one of the following options bellow:
1. When you launch the application (click on it) by default it should present "Open file" dialog. If this dialog is not visible, please make sure it is not hidden by windows you have open from other applications.
2. Please make sure you have clicked on Booklet application, locate "File->Open" from the menu, click on it. Open file dialog should be presented in this case.
3. Drag your PDF document onto the Booklet application.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great Uitility for Generating Correctly Imposed Pages for Booklets
This is a great little utiily app for generating correctly imposed pages for printed booklets.
• Open a PDF document exported from Word or Pages, for example, with pages in sequential order
• Select from a few intuitive checkbox settings (e.g., Last page as back cover)
• Select File > Create Booklet
• Done. A new PDF is created with all the pages correctly imposed for booklet printing.
Booklet is perfect for individuals and small organizations who would like to see their Word or Pages documents preparred to be printed in booklet form. The PDF can be printed to a desktop printer, or sent to a local print shop.
Note: This is a simple and inexpensive tool. It’s perfect for generating simple booklets from word processor apps and the like. It does not offer more complex settings for professionals who may require bleed and trim markings, or other printers marks. Nor does it offer settings for imposed layouts with multiple pages up on large parent-sized sheet suitable for big commercial offset printing. If you require these more professional features, consider the $20 app, Create Booklet 2.
Gets the job done
After trying and failing to print a family recipe book I was about to throw in the towel and just printing a full page copy, but this 99¢ application saved the day! It does exactly what the name says - it makes a booklet out of a PDF file and offers a few options like duplex printing (which is exactly what I needed) without a lot of frills. You can resize and preview the booklet to make sure it’s what you want and it even lets you make subbooklets! This is by far my best purchase on the Mac App Store to date! Only thing I found wrong with it is that the word greater is spelled incorrectly in the help tip for the Autorotate feature. Other than that this app is gold!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your warm feedback. The issue you referred to is now fixed in 1.0.9 :)
Amazingly simple and easy to use. Thank you! At first I didn’t know how to open it. I went to launchpad and found it. I clicked on it and then it appeared on my dashboard. A window did not open on my desktop. So, with my mouse I simply drug a pdf document from my desktop onto the dashboard icon and it sprung to life. From there it was simple. I don’t have a two sided printer so I had to manually print each side of the page front and back and then assemble the pages, fold and staple them. Also, if your document is 12 pt font, the finished page will be about an 8 pt font. So, for your original pdf document you should use about 20 pt font to make it nice and legible.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.