Simply Better. Easier-to-use, clean design, full control, and audio from more sources. Bookmobile provides a better experience for listening to audiobooks than any other app.
Try it for free! Download the app as a FREE TRIAL of up to 5 audiobooks for 60 days. If you like it, an In-App purchase will allow an unlimited number of audiobooks for $3.99 USD.
So, what do you get?
An interface optimized for listening to spoken word content, especially while driving. No sliders, dragging or other controls that are nearly impossible to get right while you are driving. Easy access to the controls that matter most while listening.
Get, play and manage audio content from a wide variety of sources: iTunes, Audible.com, Librivox.org, CDs, public library downloads, RSS feeds, Dropbox, and more.
Auto-Bookmarks make it easy to find your place.
Customizable, exportable bookmarks (name, color, and notes) to keep track of special audio passages.
Complete control over audio files:
- Reorder parts/episodes.
- Change title of audiobooks, podcasts, parts, episodes.
- Cover artwork can be added or replaced -- just a simple copy-and-paste of any image from web or photo library.
- Download/delete/re-download audio files whenever you want.
Audio File Types Supported:
- DRM-enabled content (from Audible.com or iTunes Store)
- non-DRM content (from web downloads, CDs, etc.)
- M4B audiobooks, including chapters, artwork
- MP3 audio files, including artwork, ID3 tags
- import individual audio files, folders of audio files, or Zip archives (including artwork image files)
Audio Import Options:
- add from on-device iTunes Library
- use your computer's web browser
- use iTunes File Sharing (no syncing required)
- Open in... Bookmobile from other apps, including Dropbox, Mail or Safari
- download from websites or local computer
Download straight into the app from iTunes Store, Librivox.org, and ListenUp Audiobooks.
- Easy access from main screen,
- Shake to add time before or after expiration,
- Auto-screen dimming,
- Stop at the current chapter end, or any number of minutes.
- easily search and browse through thousands of podcasts,
- import from RSS feed,
- import in mass from OPML file,
- check for new episodes in all your podcasts or each individually,
- customize artwork and titles,
- bookmarks fully supported with name, notes, and color,
- specify play order priorities (oldest, newest, next newest, etc) for each podcast,
- specify auto-download settings (limits, wifi-requried, replacement policy) for each podcast,
- specify skip amounts (opening, closing, driving mode) for each podcast.
Playback Speed can be adjusted from slightly faster (10%) to double speed, with lots of options in-between.
- 30-sec skip (or your custom value)
AirPlay support allows redirection of audio output.
Mix audiobooks and podcast episodes in playlist.
Ratings and Reviews
Tricky, but it does what I need it to.
The UI is sort of clumsy. Definitely cumbersome and harder to navigate than it has to be get the hang of (if you *have* to utilize a 4+ screen app introduction to explain how your app works...yeesh).
Ok I'm done complaining about the way the app looks. While the onboarding process for iTunes files is more layered than expected, I have an unpredented level of control of the names, authors, and cover art, and I appreciate the heck out of that.
BUT ALSO...this does exactly what I need it to do, and does it well. My requirements were an unobtrusive way to listen to audiobooks with better granularity than iBooks, and with greater openness than the Audible app. Those are not my favorite apps to use, period. This picks up the massive gaps in control than those leave, but I think a more modern (and can I ask for clever?) user interface would go a long way to improving an otherwise very useful app.
NOTE: I have never once used the podcast features of this app. There are simply too many very excellently executed options (see Overcast, Castro, Casts) to choose from.
Advanced bookmarking function is my favorite feature
I tried several different podcast apps and this one best fit my needs.
The most important feature I was looking for was an advanced bookmarking function. As part of my studies, I collect segments of podcasts for future reference, so being able to mark the podcast name, episode, start time, and end time was the most critical. What was also important was the ability to export the bookmarks to a NON-PROPRIETARY format so I can process the information afterwards. This app can export to CSV... perfect. I use this app more than everything else on my phone.
A recently added feature, "Newest Downlaoded"/"Oldest Downloaded" under the play order priorities, is extremely valuable at keeping podcast listening truly hands-free when driving.
Perfect for cross-OS imports
This app is truly extraordinary. I have an iphone and my computer runs linux. This combination is sometimes difficult. This app makes it easy. I own non-audible audiobooks on my computer, and all I want is to listen to them on my iphone without passing them through itunes. Almost no app seems to be able to handle this simple task. But not only can Bookmobile import audiobooks from other apps like dropbox, but moreover IT CAN IMPORT DIRECTLY FROM MY BROWSER ON MY COMPUTER. This may be the single most useful feature I have ever encountered in an app. The interface itself is perfect. Simple and intuitive, difficult to mess up. Bookmobile, you got this one right. Highly recommend.
- Freshmowed Software
- 59 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Freshmowed Software
- In-App Purchases
- Play Unlimited Audiobooks and Podcasts $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.