Top eBook Reader on the Mac.
Supported formats: EPUB, MOBI, PRC, AZW, FB2, PDF, Microsoft DOC, RTF, RTFd, xHTML, Webarchive and TXT.
- Best Retina support
- Page flipping animation
- Optimized for macOS Sierra
- Exportable Highlighting and Notes
- Exportable Books
- Text To Speech for vision impaired people
- Very small memory footprint
- BookShelf database with easy metadata management
- Natural two pages viewing mode
- Table Of Contents with crossover hypertext links
- Hypertext links and tooltips to Notes (FB2)
- Text search function
- Fullscreen mode
- Gestures: scrolling, zooming
- Customisable operational keys
- Automatic charset encoding
- Customisable fonts family, sizes, colors, inter row spacing, margins, columns gap, etc
- Customisable book background
- Page flipping sound
- Printing and converting to PDF format
- Leap Motion controller support
IMPORTANT NOTE: This software can not open DRM encrypted e-books due to the law restrictions.
Support for new Apple CPU
Ratings and Reviews
Great, needs a few tweaks
It's great that it allows configuring margin sizes (something Apple Books does not allow).
Really wish it would:
* Provide option for single page viewing. I don't want to use the entire screen for 2 pages. I need a single page view for use as reference to work I do in the rest of the window. Lack of single page view makes this app unusable for the purpose I need.
* Provide option for removal of all fake "real book simulacrum" - would like to remove the simulated page stack at the edges, the simulated book border, simulated book gap gradient, fake low res bookmark at top right. Just want a single page view with no fake book stuff, no wastage of margin space.
With these tweaks, it would give me something I need - an app very similar to Apple's Books, but with configurable margins. Apple's Books app wastes several inches of horizontal space on useless margins.
Great reader and library functions
I am very pleased wth the reader and its library funcitons. One feature I really find handy is the sort by date opened.
The only down side has been its tendency to trim off 1 to 2 characters on the right hand page. Adjusting the margins doesn't solve the issue.
This is what I have been looking for a long time. I like the physical animation of turning pages and the way it looks like a real book !! Like the way I can change the color of the pages and the book binder, I never spend money on apps but really glad I did on this one. When first opened, it would be nice if the toolbar itself would change to a wooden look or choice of color. Anyway, Great App !!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Leo Mesentsev
- 11.7 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
English, Italian, Russian
- Age Rating
- © Copyright 2011-2018 L.Y.Mesentsev, All rights reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.