Top eBook Reader on the Mac.
Supported formats: EPUB, MOBI, PRC, AZW, FB2, PDF, Microsoft DOC, RTF, RTFd, xHTML, Webarchive and TXT.
- Best Retina support
- Page flipping animation
- Optimized for macOS Sierra
- Exportable Highlighting and Notes
- Exportable Books
- Text To Speech for vision impaired people
- Very small memory footprint
- BookShelf database with easy metadata management
- Natural two pages viewing mode
- Table Of Contents with crossover hypertext links
- Hypertext links and tooltips to Notes (FB2)
- Text search function
- Fullscreen mode
- Gestures: scrolling, zooming
- Customisable operational keys
- Automatic charset encoding
- Customisable fonts family, sizes, colors, inter row spacing, margins, columns gap, etc
- Customisable book background
- Page flipping sound
- Printing and converting to PDF format
- Leap Motion controller support
IMPORTANT NOTE: This software can not open DRM encrypted e-books due to the law restrictions.
- macOS Dark theme support
- Hooks support
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great, needs a few tweaks
It's great that it allows configuring margin sizes (something Apple Books does not allow).
Really wish it would:
* Provide option for single page viewing. I don't want to use the entire screen for 2 pages. I need a single page view for use as reference to work I do in the rest of the window. Lack of single page view makes this app unusable for the purpose I need.
* Provide option for removal of all fake "real book simulacrum" - would like to remove the simulated page stack at the edges, the simulated book border, simulated book gap gradient, fake low res bookmark at top right. Just want a single page view with no fake book stuff, no wastage of margin space.
With these tweaks, it would give me something I need - an app very similar to Apple's Books, but with configurable margins. Apple's Books app wastes several inches of horizontal space on useless margins.
A simply great reader for your electronic book!
No it does not convert...never claimed to. It might split a graphic, but rarely. You are getting this app for a READER right? No iPhone version... so that makes it garbage? Pretty juvenile and petty. This is a truly fine reader. It gives you as much of a booklike experiece as you could ask for. I love this app, it is my default reader and I have no plans to change and I see no competition at the moment. Do all possible Mac users a favor...rate the app for WHAT IT IS not what you wanted it to be...evalute it for what the developer says it is. If you can't do that you have no buisness opinionating becuse it is misleading and damaging. Want a GREAT READER get this app...if you don't...go away and be quiet.
An excellent alternative to others
I have a lot of eBooks well over 200 and very few that have a DRM associated with them. Bookreader is the only ebook reader that I've found that will hold my library on my iMac without becoming corrupted. So I am a happy customer and quite pleased with it. As always there are a few features I would like to see added, but it works and easy to navigate.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.