Bookshelf helps you track your books, build a lasting reading habit, and better remember what you read.
Add books you’ve read, books you’re reading, and books you want to read. Improve your reading habits with insightful stats and trend reports. Stay motivated with reading goals, streaks, and reminders. Remember what you read by writing and reviewing notes and quotes.
BUILD YOUR LIBRARY
• Quick Add - Build your library by searching through millions of books, scanning any book's barcode, or adding your own.
• Book Recommendations - Find your next great read with AI recommendations and NYT Bestseller lists.
• Everything Tracker - Easily manage book collections, reading status, star ratings, reading dates, and more for all your books.
• Reading Sessions* - Pick up a book, start a session, and we’ll track everything so you can focus on reading.
IMPROVE YOUR READING HABITS
• Book Chat - Chat with our AI librarian to generate summaries and flash cards, discuss key ideas, and much more!
• Reading Stats - Visualize your reading habits over time with charts and reading stats.
• Reading Goals - Create a reading goal for the year to motivate yourself to read more or challenge your friends!
• Estimated Completion Time - See how long it will take to finish any book with your average reading speed.
• Reading Streaks* - Stay motivated by keeping up your streak!
REMEMBER WHAT YOU READ
• Smart Notes* - Use cards to jot down notes or vocab, write a summary, or prepare study questions. Scan text directly from books to add them to your cards or add your own rich text
• Knowledge Quizzes* - Spaced repetition quizzes on your note cards that will significantly increase your retention, guaranteed.
• Reading Reminders* - Never forget to read or test your knowledge with timely notifications.
• Goodreads and Reading List Import - Get started instantly by importing your existing libraries with a tap.
• Cloud Sync* - Sync between your iOS devices so your library is always up-to-date.
• App Icons - Make Bookshelf your own with beautiful custom home screen icons.
• Library Export* - Never fear that you'll lose your books or notes with CSV library exports.
• Dark Mode - Beautiful during the day, gorgeous and eye-saving during the night.
Gold Lifetime will charge your Apple ID account once for infinite Gold status. Gold Yearly will charge your Apple ID account for 12 months of Gold status after a 7-day free trial unless cancelled within 24-hours before the end of the trial. Gold Monthly will charge your Apple ID account for 1 month of Gold status on confirmation of purchase
*BIG UPDATE*: Get 35% OFF before prices increase and a HUGE update to match.
- [NEW] Completely Revamped Book Detail Page - Featuring an improved design, richer cards & stats, and new organizational features.
- [NEW] More Ways to Organize – One of my most highly requested features, now organize your library with series and locations in addition to custom collections & tags!
- [UPDATED] More Robust Stats - Enjoy more accurate stats and analyze trends over multiple time periods.
- [FIXED] Lots and lots of bugs have been squashed, including some related to incorrect stats, duplicated custom book covers, unresponsiveness, and more.
I love hearing from you, so please feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com if you have any questions or suggestions!
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I was looking for!
Love this app and just recommended it to my book club after a few weeks of use! Here’s why: I recently joined a book club and not all of the books are page turners; but I wanted to stay engaged and on track. I also read my own non-fiction selection in the morning and the book club, fiction selection at night. Therefore, I wanted a way to track books read, time read per day/time it took to read each book.
I tried apps like Good Reads and a few others and found them to be glorified digital bookstores (with a horrible, glitchy, and clunky user experience).
This app is easy to use, has a clean interface, and I love the in-app reading timer/notes feature 🙌🏽! As someone who reads daily and reads multiple books at once, I found it more than worth it to upgrade to the paid experience. I’ve selected all of my books outside of the app thus far, so I haven’t used it for discoverability yet; but I’m hoping the app exceeds my expectations in that area as well!
Best app I’ve found, 8.5/10
Okay so I have tried SO MANY apps and this is the only one I’ve stuck with. I am in love with the unlimited books feature, most apps make you pay for that so this makes this app stick out at the top of the list! My *only* critique is with the quotes system. The only thing I would like to see, is the ability to add a page number section to the card, that way I could sort my quotes by page numbers.
Other then that I love this app! It is so easy to add books to a collection and change their status. Also it’s really easy to log read time and add notes about the book. I only wish that I could add more quotes and log more sessions without having to buy something. I’m not asking for unlimited, just a higher amount, but as someone who prefers digital to paper notes, it’s frustrating only getting 20 free notes and 3 reading sessions a week.
Still, this is a lovely app and I love how involved the developer is.
Developer Response ,
I'm so happy to hear that Bookshelf has made it to the top of your book tracker app list—I'm going to do everything I can to keep it there!
Adding a page number option for quotes is a great idea, so I've added it to my backlog!
As for increasing the free limits, since I'm a solo developer who's been working on making Bookshelf the best book tracking app for 4 years now, I'm constantly trying to find the balance between making my app as accessible to everyone as possible, and still being able to generate enough revenue to continue this as a business. If you think there's a better balance than what I currently have, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'd be happy to chat :)
I’ve been searching for a book tracking app that has everything I want and this was the one I landed on. I immediately bought the lifetime use solely because this was the only app I could find with everything I’ve been looking for.
That being said there are a couple things I wish were included such as: an option to batch scan books into the app, being able to look at stats for specific years (current options are weekly stats and all time), and being able to add pictures into the notes (I read a lot of manga and wish I could insert pictures of my favorite panels).
There was also one problem I encountered with tracking audiobooks. You have to manually put in the time in minutes your audiobooks are but when you do that the app doesn’t correctly translate that into hours. Example: I had a 12 hour audiobook and put it that it is 720 minutes and then the app translated that into 24 hours. Normally this wouldn’t be a big issue because I’d just alter the minutes until it’s correct but then when you’re timing reading sessions it makes the stats wrong.
Although I think there are some things that could be added, this app is amazing and I will continue to use it for tracking my reading😊
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Alexander Gerrese
- 100.3 MB
- Requires iOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 13.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Bookshelf LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Bookshelf Gold (Yearly) $19.99
- Bookshelf Gold (Yearly) $29.99
- Bookshelf Gold (Monthly) $5.99
- Bookshelf Gold (Monthly) $4.99
- Bookshelf Gold (Lifetime) $54.99
- Bookshelf Gold (Lifetime) $64.99
- Tokens Refill (Large) $9.99
- Tokens Refill (Medium) $4.99
- Tokens Refill (Small) $0.99
- 250 Tokens $9.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.