Some people train dogs. I'm a dog who trains people.
Meet Bouncy! Bouncy the People Trainer’s You Can Learn is a fun and engaging program designed to develop the mindsets needed to persevere and succeed in learning for four, five, and six-year-olds.
Bouncy is an irresistible three-legged dog who models strength, humor and resilience in the face of challenges. Kids learn from Bouncy that if they care enough, believe in themselves, try hard and keep trying when things get tough, they can learn to read and count, control their behavior, and make friends -- regardless of how many challenges they might face.
To create a sense of ownership and agency, young learners choose eyes, hair, skin color and clothes (including dress up costumes) to create a life-like avatar from 2600 possible combinations. Their avatar then stars in an animated cartoon story and appears throughout the program to model and help them internalize key concepts.
You Can Learn School Edition is for classroom use and can be unlocked by licensed users. More than a toy, You Can Learn School Edition is the first in a series of engaging, science-based, social-emotional training apps with parent resources and data management built-in.
Bouncy the People Trainer’s You Can Learn is designed to reach many different kinds of learners:
* Peer modeling for learners who like to watch first
* Life-like avatar and interactive “What If” exercises for those who like to jump in and do
* Narration, songs, and sound effects for those who get more from what they hear
* Interactive story and cartoon for those who learn best from stories and metaphor
You Can Learn teaches social emotional skills:
* Focuses on self-efficacy as the foundation for all other learning
* Provides a warm environment with supportive, personalized feedback
* Encourages learners to interact with the material on each screen
* Provides specific peer modeling for each skill
* Gives learners time to practice what they're learned
* Extends learning beyond the iPad, with classroom extension activities, parent-child exercises and downloadable music and coloring sheets
You Can Learn is fun and engaging:
* Music activities include songs and a drum set to play along
* Art activities include chalk for coloring in key words, and drawing pictures
* “Got it?” games are fun, interactive exercises to check for and reinforce content mastery
You Can Learn promotes pride in accomplishment:
* Each child has their very own room to display their art and trophies
* Children earn a badge, trophy and "Dog on skateboard" card as they complete each level
You Can Learn School Edition includes extensive resources for teachers:
* Scope and sequence
* Lesson Plans
* Description of theory base
* Parent engagement letters in English, Spanish and Cantonese
* Classroom extension activities
* Easy to use data manager to track each student's progress
A companion app, Bouncy's Howmuch-ometer is available free in the App Store.
The e-book, Born for Greatness, Me, You and the Dalai Lama, by Bouncy the People Trainer, sets the stage for growth, and is available on iTunes.
Compatible to smartphones
Ratings and Reviews
Great says 2nd grader!
We used this app and practiced tying shoes in between lessons, one step at a time. He finished it in one morning and learned to tie his shoes without tears or getting overly frustrated. It helped give mom confidence to try new and hard things at work too!
Bouncy the People Trainer's You Can Learn
Cool program! It meets kids where they are and offers something interesting and innovative to challenge them. Loved it!
Best game I have ever played.5 stars
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Ripple Effects, Inc.
- 600 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 0–5
- © 2013 Ripple Effects