SelectTech, Meet the JRNY app. The JRNY app now offers SelectTech workouts along with a large library of other workouts. Download it from the app store today.
As we prepare to retire our SelectTech app in 2022, we invite you to try the JRNY app available for download now. The JRNY adaptive fitness platform now supports SelectTech 552s, 560s, and 1090 dumbbells, along with a large library of other workouts from Yoga, Pilates, and Cardio.
Designed for all Bowflex® SelectTech® dumbbells including the 552s, 1090s, and 560s, the Bowflex SelectTech App does the thinking for you! Now you can focus on form while the app tracks your sets, reps, weight, and more!
• Choose a workout for a specific muscle group or follow along with our Bowflex 6-Week Challenge.
• Acts like a personal trainer to guide you through every exercise and ensure maximum results.
• Huge database of exercises including over 70 videos to help you take your workout to the next level.
• Automatically tracks and records the dumbbell weight selected while counting sets & reps for each exercise you do. (feature available on SelectTech 560 model only)
• Includes workout summaries to track your progress and share personal records with friends and family.
Bowflex SelectTech Trainer also supports Apple’s Health App. The Health app lets you keep all your fitness and health information in one easy to read dashboard. Now you can seamlessly sync all your SelectTech workouts with Health and see your calories burned, and workout data in the Health dashboard.
If you have ANY PROBLEMS with your Bowflex SelectTech app, please contact us at: AppSupport@Nautilus.com
As we prepare to retire our SelectTech app in 2022, we invite you to try the JRNY app available for download now. The JRNY adaptive fitness platform now supports SelectTech 552s, 560s, and 1090 dumbbells, along with a large library of other workouts from Yoga, Pilates, and Cardio. Download it from the app store today. Additionally, we've updated SelectTech for iOS 15.
Ratings and Reviews
Solid app, needs a cloud save feature
For the most part, this is a very solid app. The Bluetooth connection happens almost instantly with the dumbbells. The 6 week challenge is a good starting point and the addition of targeted workouts is great. I have one issue however and that is the lack of a cloud saving feature. The SelectTech stand comes with a tablet holder and I use that to display my workouts as I’m going through them so it’s on a larger screen while also using my phone on breaks if necessary. The problem with this is that the Apple health app is not available on iPads so you cannot sync the workout. Your only choices are to not sync to Apple health or not use a tablet which clearly by the stand’s own design it expects you to use.
I’m assuming all the workout data is stored on a local database on the device itself which kinda stinks. This means if you get a new device or uninstall the app for whatever reason, you will lose all progress. I understand this is not a trivial feature, but a simple login with cloud storage would greatly benefit this app. Otherwise, maybe an import/export utility could work to send data to a phone to sync with health?
Overall that’s my only gripe. App runs well and the content is very solid.
Needs a revamp
Great app for home workout. However, I started the 6 week workout, had no idea it was every other day. Needs more overview info.
As for the workouts, they’re good, but during the rest time between exercises instead of a countdown timer, how about adding the video of the upcoming exercise explaining how to do it. If you click the info button next to it before starting the daily workout you get an explanation, but it would make more sense for that to be shown while resting and adjusting weights.
As stated it’s a good up but there seem to be common sense updates that should’ve been thought of by now.
I really like the timing, exercises and videos in this app. This app works good for tracking workouts. But only for the bow flex weights. I would recommend 4 changes that would make it significantly better, I think.
1. Add the most common free weight/bench exercises that you can’t use the bow flex weights for. For example, pull ups, chest presses or squats using barbells.
2. I wish you could do multiple exercises one after another in the same rep like HIIT. Like squats, then shoulder presses and the burpees with a variable time between them.
3. I think it would great if you could use the progression for exercises and how you’ve improved over time. And then compare it to similar exercises in your workout.
4. And finally, I think a button in the post exercises screen that you could input how hard it was would be nice. Was it too easy and I should’ve gone harder or was that muscle failure?
Developer Response ,
Hey Anon722, thank you very much for your review, ideas, and suggestions! We definitely appreciate the feedback and we use ideas like this to make improvements and updates to our app.
With the above in mind, I forward this information along to our App Team and I always recommend that customers double-up on this as well. You can do so by launching the app, navigating to Settings, and then using the "Send us an email" option. That goes directly to our App Team.
Thanks again and good luck on your fitness journey! - Bowflex Team
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Nautilus, Inc.
- 322.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 2018-2021 © Nautilus, Inc.