Designed for all Bowflex® SelectTech® dumbbells including the 552s, 1090s, and 560s, the Bowflex SelectTech App does the thinking for you! Now you can focus on form while the app tracks your sets, reps, weight, and more!
• Choose a workout for a specific muscle group or follow along with our Bowflex 6-Week Challenge.
• Acts like a personal trainer to guide you through every exercise and ensure maximum results.
• Huge database of exercises including over 70 videos to help you take your workout to the next level.
• Automatically tracks and records the dumbbell weight selected while counting sets & reps for each exercise you do. (feature available on SelectTech 560 model only)
• Includes workout summaries to track your progress and share personal records with friends and family.
Bowflex SelectTech Trainer also supports Apple’s Health App. The Health app lets you keep all your fitness and health information in one easy to read dashboard. Now you can seamlessly sync all your SelectTech workouts with Health and see your calories burned, and workout data in the Health dashboard.
If you have ANY PROBLEMS with your Bowflex SelectTech app, please contact us at: AppSupport@Nautilus.com
We've addressed a number of suggestions made by our users including being able to play your music during your workout and an improved workout journal that gives you the relevant info you need to track your progress and plan your your next workout.
We've added support for French, German, Spanish and Italian languages.
This version of the app also includes multiple feature enhancements and bug fixes. If you have ANY PROBLEMS with your Bowflex SelectTech app, please contact us at: AppSupport@Nautilus.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Solid app, needs a cloud save feature
For the most part, this is a very solid app. The Bluetooth connection happens almost instantly with the dumbbells. The 6 week challenge is a good starting point and the addition of targeted workouts is great. I have one issue however and that is the lack of a cloud saving feature. The SelectTech stand comes with a tablet holder and I use that to display my workouts as I’m going through them so it’s on a larger screen while also using my phone on breaks if necessary. The problem with this is that the Apple health app is not available on iPads so you cannot sync the workout. Your only choices are to not sync to Apple health or not use a tablet which clearly by the stand’s own design it expects you to use.
I’m assuming all the workout data is stored on a local database on the device itself which kinda stinks. This means if you get a new device or uninstall the app for whatever reason, you will lose all progress. I understand this is not a trivial feature, but a simple login with cloud storage would greatly benefit this app. Otherwise, maybe an import/export utility could work to send data to a phone to sync with health?
Overall that’s my only gripe. App runs well and the content is very solid.
This app needs work
I use this on an iPhone and with the SelectTech 560’s. In summary, the app is sporadic in counting reps. There have been numerous times where I’ve been halfway through a set and the app stops and asks if I want to continue or cancel. I don’t see any option to add music. There are no sound indicators for the timer when, for instance, doing warmup or abs. You can’t even manually add reps when the app isn’t counting, as I have tried since I stopped trying to correct the app midway through a set. Firs time this happened I tried to add reps/sets after I completed the session but could not. Seriously as much as these weights cost one would think the app would be more stable then it is.
I really like the timing, exercises and videos in this app. This app works good for tracking workouts. But only for the bow flex weights. I would recommend 4 changes that would make it significantly better, I think.
1. Add the most common free weight/bench exercises that you can’t use the bow flex weights for. For example, pull ups, chest presses or squats using barbells.
2. I wish you could do multiple exercises one after another in the same rep like HIIT. Like squats, then shoulder presses and the burpees with a variable time between them.
3. I think it would great if you could use the progression for exercises and how you’ve improved over time. And then compare it to similar exercises in your workout.
4. And finally, I think a button in the post exercises screen that you could input how hard it was would be nice. Was it too easy and I should’ve gone harder or was that muscle failure?
Developer Response ,
Hey Anon722, thank you very much for your review, ideas, and suggestions! We definitely appreciate the feedback and we use ideas like this to make improvements and updates to our app.
With the above in mind, I forward this information along to our App Team and I always recommend that customers double-up on this as well. You can do so by launching the app, navigating to Settings, and then using the "Send us an email" option. That goes directly to our App Team.
Thanks again and good luck on your fitness journey! - Bowflex Team
- Nautilus, Inc.
- 358 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- 2018 © Nautilus, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.