Boxes And Arrows (B'nA) provides the most simplistic usage to create graphs of boxes and arrows.
Ideal whenever you need to track or develop ideas or structure your thoughts. A tool that allows you to work in the flow because it provides the flexibility of graphs and a gesture-centric lightweight usage. With B'nA you can concentrate on your thoughts, not on the tool.
You may use it like a classical mind mapping app or go beyond:
- You can structure your graphs by using the background layer thus forming diagrams.
- You can keep a lot of information in a well-arranged way by using the subgraph feature.
- You can use the 'export graph to text'-, 'copy text into a map'- or 'snapshot'-features to incorporate it into your work.
- to add a box: tap
- to edit the text of a box: double tap
- to move a box: drag it.
- to add an arrow between two boxes: tap first box, than tap second box. (The tap of the first box is indicated by a thicker box-frame, it times out.)
- to delete an arrow, slash it out: one finger stroke from bottom left to top right crossing the arrow. (A red line will indicate your gesture.)
- to delete a box, slash it out: one finger stroke from bottom left to top right crossing the box. (A red line will indicate your gesture.)
- to select boxes: draw a line around them (A blue line will indicate your gesture)
- to jump inside a box: tap, wait, double tap.
- to drag one box inside another: drag it over another box and hold
- take and organise notes
- keep an personal KANBAN
- capture and rework an argumentation during discussions
- sketch business-charts
- prepare workshops and capture results
- visualise your own thoughts
- keep a simple and flexible to-do list
- build a storyline
- sketch an org-chart
- create cause-and-effect graphs
- The animations for drop-into and drag-into gestures are revised.
- The ordering of robot-summary texts is improved.
- By default boxes now have a centered title.
- New animated help-content.
- Minor layout issues in the file-list are fixed.
- Boxes with robo-image of the box-subgraph which holds a generated robo-image itself, no longer leads to a crash.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Does what it does ... PERFECTLY
I have a bunch of mind mapping tools. Most I never use because the interface is just too clunky, or the learning curve too steep. BOXES does just one thing, intuitively, perfectly. Tap, get a box. Double tap, add text. Drag boxes around. Tap box to box to draw an arrow. That's it. If you want a super fast mind mapping tool with no fuss, this is it. If you want color and whirling doodads, this is not your app. Only problem is this simplicity is a bit overpriced. Bring the price down, boys ...
Developer Response ,
I am Jan from Philanthrosoft. I am the creator of B'nA. I always wanted to thank you for your review. It showed me, that I was on the right track in my attempt to make a very simple mind mapping or better mind graphing tool. And from what you said, I exactly hitted the point, I intended to.
I hope you like the course the development of Bn'A took and of course would like to hear any further comments about it.
I'm trying to keep the intended simplicity, even as functionality builds up. You still can use the tool exactly like in the beginning, when you commented on it.
There is still a lot to come but it will take time, since I'm doing this as a sidekick project and have very limited time to spend on it. Maybe you still are interested an keep an eye on the updates.
So, thanks for your review and I hope this reply will bring some of the joy to your day as did your comment back then did to mine.
With kind regards
J. G. Schute
P.S. Apple only recently made it possible to answer on reviews, that's why you get a reply now. And following as an Easter egg, a promotion code for BnA, for you to give it away (Valid only till May 11th and not for sale): 3XNAWH64KRWE
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.