SCALABLE VECTOR GRAPHICS (SVG) EDITOR.
VISIT PROJECT WEBSITE FOR AN ONLINE DEMO ->
SVG is the standard format for storing vector graphics such as icons, banners, charts and illustrations.
Boxy SVG project goal is to create the best SVG editor for non-technical users as well as for professional designers and developers.
• Clean and intuitive UI heavily inspired by Inkscape, Sketch and Adobe Illustrator
• Extensive support for on-canvas editing of object geometry, transform, paint and other properties
• Save to SVG and SVGZ formats, export to PNG, JPG, WebP, PDF and HTML5
• Pixabay integration with over a million free stock photos and vector assets
• Google Fonts integration with hundreds of free fonts
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts for over 100 commands
• Manual guides, smart guides and grid
• Path operations (unite, intersect, subtract, exclude, close, reverse, etc.)
• Arrangement operations (align to, rotate, flip, order, group, etc.)
FOR WEB DEVELOPERS
• Chromium-based rendering engine
• SVG and CSS code inspector similar to Chrome Dev Tools
• Clean SVG output that preserves IDs, classes, titles and other metadata
• SVG sprites editing support
** This project is in active development with new features added each month. If you are missing something or you found a bug, please let me know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org **
- Bugfix: Drop shadow filter area sometimes gets cut off (reported by schamsy)
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great tool for basic SVG editing
I needed a basic SVG editing tool that was more user friendly than Inkscape and not as expensive as the professional designer vector art software on the market. Boxy SVG was perfect for my needs—change some colors, add some text, etc.
Thanks for creating such a fantastic tool!
Great tool, GREAT support, active development
BoxySVG is a great, simple, SVG drawing tool. It focuses on clean design and staying close to SVG. If you are making SVG for use in web design or for some application where the SVG structure matters, BoxySVG is perfect. The author is very responsive, and the app is actively developed with bug fixes or new features every few months.
Many of the "professional' SVG drawing tools are making things super complicated and obscure what you are actuakly creating. Some will transform an existing simple SVG into something crazy and complex. Converting circles to splines, or whatever. More features are not necessarily a good thing.
Fantastic Basic SVG Editor
Boxy SVG is a super tool to have on hand - especially at under $10.
Are there more expensive vector tools out there, with more features? YEP, but some are old and out of date, some are bulky and resource hogs, and some require you to sign-up for an online account to save locally on your Mac… Boxy SVG does what it’s designed to do, and it does so extremely well. I’ve used it to create quick logos, design vector shapes to import into 3D printing design tools, and create designs for vinyl cutting. If you are looking for a fast SVG tool, look no further!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.