Boxy SVG 4+
SCALABLE VECTOR GRAPHICS (SVG) EDITOR.
VISIT PROJECT WEBSITE FOR AN ONLINE DEMO ->
Boxy SVG project goal is to create the best tool for editing SVG files. For non-technical users as well as for professional designers and developers.
• Clean and intuitive UI heavily inspired by Inkscape, Sketch and Adobe Illustrator
• Extensive support for on-canvas editing of object geometry, transform, paint and other properties
• Save to SVG and SVGZ formats, export to PNG, JPG, WebP, PDF and HTML5
• Pixabay integration with over a million free stock photos and vector assets
• Google Fonts integration with hundreds of free fonts
• Configurable keyboard shortcuts for over 100 commands
• Manual guides, smart guides and grid
• Path operations (unite, intersect, subtract, exclude, close, reverse, etc.)
• Arrangement operations (align to, rotate, flip, order, group, etc.)
FOR WEB DEVELOPERS
• Chromium-based rendering engine
• SVG and CSS code inspector similar to Chrome Dev Tools
• Clean SVG output that preserves IDs, classes, titles and other metadata
• SVG sprites editing support
- Added: Spanish localization
Ratings and Reviews
Only One Complaint
I absolutely love this as a tracing/SVG generator software. Straightforward, simple to use. My only complaint is the default is to fill in any shape you create with the spline tool. I have to go over to the paint tool with every single design and unclick the fill button (paintbrush). It's annoying as crap because you have to stop mid-way through your project and go do this. Why is this the default? Makes no sense.
Developer Response ,
You could change the default style of newly created objects via tool settings, please check https://boxy-svg.com/questions/153 for more details. Also note that if an object has only a stroke and no fill, you will have to zoom it in and hit precisely the stroked area to grab a style from it.
Best native SVG support!
This app blows all of the big boys out of the water when it comes to NATIVE SVG support. We don't get silly substitutes like rasterized bitmaps with extensive clipping paths (Adobe Illustrator, Sketch). No,… we get clean SVGs that have full support for symbol, font, pattern, color definitions. This is so fragging awesome. I swore that I was going to have an app developed myself if I couldn't ever find something that supports SVG. It really seems as though everyone else has given up trying and has decided that supporting SVG's specifications is not a big priority. It's such a relief that somebody thought it was actually a wise endeavour. Kudos to Jaroslaw Foksa for his work. I really do like this hidden gem and I'm glad I was checking out the latest developments in Electron or I wouldnt have caught on.
Great tool, GREAT support, active development
BoxySVG is a great, simple, SVG drawing tool. It focuses on clean design and staying close to SVG. If you are making SVG for use in web design or for some application where the SVG structure matters, BoxySVG is perfect. The author is very responsive, and the app is actively developed with bug fixes or new features every few months.
Many of the "professional' SVG drawing tools are making things super complicated and obscure what you are actuakly creating. Some will transform an existing simple SVG into something crazy and complex. Converting circles to splines, or whatever. More features are not necessarily a good thing.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jaroslaw Foksa
- 164.7 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.15.0 or later.
English, Polish, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2023 Jaroslaw Foksa
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.