A classic story told in American Sign Language, The Boy Who Cried Wolf is a bilingual Storybook app that supports literacy development.
The classic Aesop's fable about the boy who cried wolf is brought to life in a wholly new medium with vivid American Sign Language storytelling, adding cinematic elements to a timeless tale. Accompanied by detailed paintings that evoke times of yore, this storybook app for the iPad comes with over 140 vocabulary words, signed and fingerspelled. App design is based on proven research on bilingualism and visual learning from Visual Language and Visual Learning.
In the The Boy Who Cried Wolf VL2 Storybook you will also find:
• Talented and professional ASL storytelling by Justin Jackerson
• Original artwork by renowned artist Pamela Witcher
• Easy and accessible navigation designed for children
• Retina supported images
• Over 140 vocabulary words in American Sign Language!
• Perfect tool for parents learning ASL along with their child! Read together!
• Audio voice-over provided for all vocabulary words.
• App features page by page videos, as well as a full ASL story with animations!
All revenues from this app will go towards research and the development of more bilingual & interactive storybook apps!
*Please note that downloading this app will take a bit of time due to the large collection of video files.
Updated code framework to 2.0
Ratings and Reviews
This series of books has blown me away! They are leaps and bounds above any other ASL app. We are learning ASL as a family because of our youngest daughter (2) and these stories along with the abundance of videos of words has helped us learn a lot in just a few days. This was obviously well thought out and includes a full video of the story being read, the ability to flip through pages at your own pace while choosing highlighted words to review, and a glossary of video words. It is so helpful to see each of these formats and has increased our comfort level in understanding signs from those fluent in ASL. We love learning together, especially since we cannot find the time to take an official course. The readers / actors bring these stories to life and the artwork is beautiful. Please make many more of these! Bravo!
These are awesome!
These are a great! The stories are engaging and the illustrations are wonderful too!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Gallaudet University
- 999.1 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Visual Language and Visual Learning, Gallaudet University
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.