BPPV Relief 17+
Designed for iPad
An education tool for health professionals who treat BPPV.
Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) is a common condition affecting the inner ear balance system. This educational tool shows the common and recommended tests and treatment manoeuvres for BPPV in easy to follow animations.
Animations show you how to perform diagnostic tests for the posterior and horizontal canals. Each animation shows the direction of eye movements (nystagmus) seen with a positive test. This will help you improve your ability to detect and interpret nystagmus.
Animations showing the common treatment manoeuvres also show the semicircular canals moving in the same plane as the head with the crystals moving around and out of the canal during each manoeuvre.
BPPV Relief was created by a Physiotherapist who has successfully treated over 2000 people with BPPV. It follows the same steps used to diagnose and treat BPPV in her dizziness clinic. It draws on lessons learnt over time perfecting the skills required to treat BPPV effectively.
The tests and treatments are all commonly used and follow evidence based recommendations by the Clinical Practice Guideline for BPPV updated in 2017 by the American Academy of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery Foundation.
This App is designed for:
1. Health Professionals who specialise in treating people with dizziness and vertigo.
2. Health Professionals who see people with dizziness but who don’t have access to specialists to help with diagnosis and treatment.
3. Health Professionals who are training others to treat BPPV. This is a great teaching tool.
4. People who have been diagnosed with BPPV by a qualified Health Professional and have been instructed by them to do a particular treatment manoeuvre at home as part of the treatment regime while under their care.
5. People who have been diagnosed with BPPV by a qualified Health Professional and been treated successfully and safely with repositioning manoeuvres, who wish to self manage recurrences.
This App is not a substitute for medical advice. We advise you to see a Health Professional before using this App.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
BPPV therapist in an app
This has been really helpful to have while I’m traveling or backpacking- it’s an easy reference for self help and has helped me understand what’s going on when I get BPPV and how to treat it.
The developer, Paul Burston, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Paul Burston
- 80.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2018 Burston Software
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.