Get smarter about your training and recovery, improve your stress-rest balance in life, and get away from Type-A and learn to chill - with the BradBeat HRV app! Brad Kearns, New York Times bestselling author, Guinness World Record holding Speedgolfer, former #3 world-ranked professional triathlete, and health and endurance performance coach, presents this custom-designed, easy to use app using technology from Sweetwater Health LLC.
IMPORTANT: BradBeat HRV requires external hardware – a Bluetooth Low Energy Heart Rate chest strap. Compatible chest straps are listed at http://www.sweetwaterhrv.com/healthsensors.shtml. Be sure you purchase a compatible device. The Apple watch and other wrist pulse meters are not supported. Strap up and instantly obtain real-time a HRV reading onto your iPhone!
Heart Rate Variability (HRV) is perhaps the single most valuable biofeedback measurement to track your daily stress level and recovery status. Monitoring HRV reveals the truth about your fight or flight stimulation and stress/rest balance. By establishing a baseline HRV patterns with daily monitoring, you can make the most sensible training decisions and take corrective action when you life gets out of balance.
Vastly superior to just tracking resting heart rate, HRV gives you a direct window into the functioning of your autonomic nervous system, particularly the critical balance between the sympathetic “fight or flight” and parasympathetic “rest and digest” stimulation. Only a few years ago, HRV tracking was only possible in sophisticated performance laboratories, but now this brilliant mobile technology allows you track HRV at home, and obtain real-time RR interval data on your mobile screen as you relax in bed. You can archive your HRV readings and track patterns with numerous built-in graphs and charts.
BradBeat HRV can be used with devices running IOS 8 and above: iPhone 5 and newer, iPad 3 and newer, iPad Mini and newer, iPod touch 5.
If you are not a techie, don’t worry! This App is simple and intuitive to use. Choose from an HRV Morning checkup lasting three minutes or an HRV AnyTime option to help you get stress response under control whenever you need to activate mind-body relaxation techniques. If your “stress threshold” is reached, BradBeat HRV prompts you with a deep breathing screen that includes calming images.
More product features:
• Stats: The stats screen, more widely referred to as the “geek” screen, shows all the metrics being measured.
• Graph: Real-time building of your heart rate from RR Intervals. Turning the phone 90 degrees counter-clockwise will bring up the graph in landscape.
• Export RR Intervals: Export the RR interval of every single heartbeat, similar to an EKG. Great for tracking ectopic beats or sharing with a health care provider
• Relax: Customize your screen images with your favorite pictures.
• Upload: Create a free account with Sweetbeat to save and upload sessions at www.BeatHealthy.com.
• Email: Send your RR readout and complete session data for personal analysis off-line
• Apple Health data: Import and view your Apple Health data that is captured from your iWatch or other devices which are configured to update data in the Apple Health app. The Apple Health app data is for viewing purposes only. It is not used in any of the HRV calculations or correlations.
BradBeat HRV is now importing and displaying your Apple Health data that is captured from your iWatch or other devices which are configured to update data in the Apple Health app! The Apple Health app data is for viewing purposes only. It is not used in any of the HRV calculations or correlations.
3 different graphs will be presented to you in BradBeat HRV: Resting HR, Average HR and Average SDNN. Please note that Resting Heart Rate and Heart Rate Variability (SDNN) metrics are only available on iPhones running IOS 11 or later and WatchOS 4 or later. Average Heart Rate is supported on the iWatch Series 1 and later.
Ratings and Reviews
Great to see values change along with energy levels, both up and down.
Would not pair with the polar heart rate 7 as specified
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Health & Fitness
- Contact Info
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- BRADVENTURES LLC
- 38.7 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © SweetWater Health, LLC 2019
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.