UPMC Health Plan is offering Brain Manager free of charge to new users who need help coping as we're being asked to stay home, and stay safe, in response to the cornonavirus pandemic. You must enter a code to access this app.
Do you often feel worried or sad? Do your thoughts and feelings get in the way of enjoying life? If you’re suffering from anxiety or depression, Brain Manager by UPMC can help. Your dedicated health coach will create a personalized learning plan that is tailored to your symptoms and preferences.
First you complete an assessment. Based on the results, your health coach designs a plan to help you identify patterns in your mood and behavior and learn new coping skills.
You can message your coach any time, even multiple times a day, to share what is working for you (and what isn’t), and how you’re feeling.
Complete the activities and readings in your learning plan at your own pace, when it’s convenient for you. Your health coach will make adjustments based on your progress and feedback.
Your learning plan may include:
· Counting breaths: Relaxation activity to calm your mind and body. (An audio track lets you listen as you learn.)
· Mood check-in: Helps you notice patterns over time.
· Mindfulness: Learn how to slow down and pay attention to the present moment. (An audio track lets you listen as you learn)
· SMART goals: Learn to set goals that are measurable and realistic.
· Cognitive reframing: Learn to challenge negative thoughts.
Our program is based on research and study findings and has a proven track record in boosting well-being. Try it for free today!
- few enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good on UPMC for developing this and opening up access during the pandemic. It has some good elements, and a lot of potential.
Here’s three simple improvements that would go a long way:
* don’t require logging in every time
* record mindful minutes in the Health app
* decompress audio - it sounds muffled
The “goals” setup and app navigation is also pretty messy in my opinion, but I don’t really expect that to change.
Waste of Time
If you’re lucky to access it, great. Otherwise, do not waste your time.
App crashes !
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.