*** ***** ON SALE FOR A LIMITED TIME ***** ***
BRAIN AND NERVOUS SYSTEM PRO III - AWARD WINNING NEUROANATOMY APP BY 3D4MEDICAL.
* * * * * GOLD award winner - Web Health Awards * * * * *
Brain Pro is an ambitious application that is well designed and executed. It's a viable academic tool, and a serious reference guide for anyone interested in learning more about a body's super computer – the brain. - Apptudes
This application contains many successful features such as realistic images, selective layers, pin information, dynamic quiz function which ensures that it is certainly worth a look. - iMedicalapps
NOW WITH ANIMATIONS:
* Cerebo-spinal Fluid Flow
* Patellar Reflex Arc
* Neuronal Synapse
* Astrocytoma - Brain Tumor
* Oligodendroglioma - Brain Tumor
* Multiple Sclerosis
BRAIN & NERVOUS SYSTEM PRO III’S TOP FEATURES ARE:
** 360 horizontal degree rotation of any body part - with a swipe of your finger.
** Rotate vertically for inferior and superior for unique views where applicable.
** Tri-planar multiple “slices” of the brain.
** Isolated media of specific nerves.
** 728 pin labels with audio pronunciations.
** Draw on any screen image and share it through email, Facebook or Twitter.
** 2 types of Quiz, Drag and Drop and Multi-choice - with ability to test on specific areas or muscles.
** Interface: Completely rebuilt to allow for simple navigation.
** Mix layers: Make one layer semitransparent to compare against another layer.
** Public Notes: Post or browse through shared public notes.
** Graphical Hints: On screen hints that can be turned on or off, for a complete understanding of all the app's features.
Brain and Nervous System Pro III now features multiple orthogonal slices on the transverse, sagittal and coronal planes, meaning you can 'slice' through the brain effortlessly to reveal the inner anatomy of the brain, from top to bottom, left to right and front to back. The app is unsurpassed in its level of detail and interactivity. Now with a simple swipe of your finger, you can explore neuroanatomy from a basic to advanced level.
This upgrade also features spectacular animations, which offer insights into diseased states and functional anatomy down to the cellular level. Additionally, an entirely new and comprehensive peripheral nervous system is now incorporated, while the central nervous system has been expanded within a detailed spinal column.
Brain and Nervous System Pro III includes two new levels in brain, which detail the ventricular systems and Brodmann areas, making it the most comprehensive neuroanatomical app on the market.
MORE FROM 3D4MEDICAL:
- Heart Pro III - Interactive Cardiology
- Muscle System Pro III - Interactive Musculoskeletal Anatomy
- Skeletal System Pro III - Interactive Osteology
- Spine Pro III – Interactive Chiropractic App
- Orthopedic Patient Education – Interactive Orthopedics
- Specialized Body Region Apps
OTHER 3D4MEDICAL APPS ALSO AVAILABLE IN THE HEALTH & FITNESS CATEGORY ON THE APP STORE:
- iMuscle – Workout aid and anatomical reference
- iYoga Premium – Ground breaking motion capture yoga app
We take pride in our apps at 3D4Medical and continually strive to engage with our customers. From the first edition of Brain Pro, we have consistently listened to our users and upgraded our apps continually and throughout.
Email us via the App Feed Back address below to engage with our product development process:
Small bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Well worth the cost
$10 is considered a lot on the App Store, but it's a bargain for what you get. Not only does this app offer multiple layer and cut views, but it lets you customize which pins show up so that you can get as detailed or as general as you like. In spite of a complex feature set, the controls and settings are relatively easy to use, letting get to the business of educating and learning very quickly.
That being said, the app is not perfect. There is always more it could offer in terms of features and views. For example, it provides several images of the circle of Willis, but it does not--as far as I have figured out so far--allow you to see a labeled view of the circle in the context of the rest of the brain. Additionally, while there appears to be a handy social feature allowing for community discussion of different parts of the brain, either no one ever uses it or the feature is not actually functional, as no public comments are ever available.
These, and other, imperfections mean there is always room for improvement. Nevertheless, this app is incredible and likely the best brain anatomy tool for iOS. I highly recommend any student or educator splurge for the sake of knowledge and skip a few days of coffee to buy this app. You won't regret it.
- many functional areas of the brain are missing. The best you'll get in the cortex is broadmann areas, sulci, and gyri. Nothing like "prefrontal cortex".
- sub nuclei in areas like the pons, Amygdala, etc, are not present. For example, no locus coeruleus.
- major white matter fasiculla are missing
- layers go directly from "brain" to basal ganglia. No way to, for example, hide the gray matter and show the white. In general, layers are not very flexible.
- I can't seem to delete my custom pin
- rotation is more limited than you'd expect because they seem to be using pre rendered images.
- this is probably much better for learning peripheral nerves than it is for learning brain areas.
- for some reason there are no public notes on pins.
- you can show and hide pins but they are not categorized by type. So for example if you want to hide blood vessel pins there is no easy way to do it
I'm only semi-impressed with this app. It's better than anything else I've seen yet but there are still a bunch of little things they could have easily done better.
I usually don't write reviews, but I've downloaded this app to possibly use as a patient education supplement when explaining brain tumors and surgeries. I have been doing that with the 3D medical spine app and have gotten good feedback from patients. This app however, I do not recommend. The cuts are thicker than CT or MRI cuts, they slice the axials in pathology position (anterior towards the bottom of the screen) which seems backwards to me. No animations of common surgical approaches and no way to really show them. This is a flashy app for medical students at best. If you're a medical professional, don't waste your money. If the company would like some constructive feedback and suggestions I'd be happy to help.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.