Advanced Brainwave Entrainment combined with Ambient Music, Nature Sounds, Other Audio Apps or your own iTunes Music * Includes Binaural Programs for Sleep, Focus, Memory, Energy, Positive Mood, Motivation, Confidence, Anxiety Relief, Stress Relief, Relaxation, Meditation and much more! * Headphones or Earbuds must be worn for Binaural Tones to be effective * Use the Included Playlist Creator to create an iTunes Playlist for each Program * Can also run alongside other audio apps like Spotify or Audio Book Readers when Background Mode is set to 'Other App' or 'Ambience + Other App'.
* Universal iOS app with UIs included for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch, so you can use it on all your supported devices! * Also Supports Family Share *
Different states of mind are associated with specific brainwave frequencies that would be inaudible if played directly. These frequencies can be induced in the brain indirectly by playing two different audible tones into each ear, which after being processed by the brain, are perceived as an inaudible beat matching the target brainwave frequency. As you listen, your own brainwaves fall into step with this inaudible beat, and after a few minutes synchronize with the target brainwave frequency. Brain Wave's 35 programs layer these binaural sequences into multi-stage sessions to help users focus and concentrate, feel positive and motivated, and sleep more soundly.
- To use Brain Wave with Spotify or an Audio Book Reader start the other app first and then ours. To listen with a podcast, start Brain Wave first.
- Program duration is fully adjustable. If the program has multiple Binaural Stages the individual stages will be lengthened or shortened accordingly.
- Programs use composite Binaural Tones that stimulate multiple brainwave frequencies to create combination experiences, such as Problem Solving, Power Nap, Pre-Exercise Energy, Dreamy Sleep, and Positive Mood Boost.
- Each program goes through a progression of binaural beats, each for a specific period of time sufficient to synchronize your brainwaves with the binaural tones.
*** Features ***
- 35 Advanced Binaural Brainwave Entrainment Programs to use throughout the day.
- Multiple program durations (10 min, 20 min, 30 min, 40 min, 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours, 4 hours, 8 hours). You can also set your own custom duration.
- Use the included Ambience or create a playlist of your own iTunes Music to use with each program. Your brain will process the binaural frequencies played over these background sounds. Binaural Tones are more effective with background audio than alone.
- Save preferred settings, including background audio, iTunes playlist, Alarm settings, and volume for each Brainwave Program.
- Choose from one of the 10 gentle alarm sounds, or select your own iTunes Music track.
** 35 Included Binaural Brainwave Entrainment Programs **
- Morning Coffee
- Espresso Shot
- Morning Meditation
- Focused and Alert
- Critical Thinking
- Memory Boost
- Problem Solving
- Confidence Boost
- Pre-Exercise Energy
- Creativity Boost
- Positive Mood Boost
- Motivation Boost
- Stress Reduction
- Anger Relief
- Calm Reflection
- Reduce Anxiety
- Deep Relaxation
- Lucid Dreaming
- Dreamy Sleep
- Power Nap
- Deep Sleep
- Deep Sleep with Wake-up Stage
- Dreamy Sleep with Wake-up Stage
- Headache Relief
- Hangover Relief
- Yoga Meditation
- Alpha Relaxation
- Theta Meditation
- Gamma Power Nap
- Night Meditation
- Night Reading
** Included Backgrounds **
- Beach Surf
- Ocean Waves
- Ocean Waves 2
- Rain and Thunder
- Atmospheres: Serenity
- Atmospheres: Awakening
- Atmospheres: Space
- Atmospheres: Drifting
- Atmospheres: Peace
- Atmospheres: Floating
- Atmospheres: Soaring
- Medium Rain
- Light Rain
- Flowing Creek
- Pink Noise
* Binaural Brainwave entrainment should not be used while driving or operating machinery.
To combine Audio from Another App with Brainwaves and Ambience select Background Mode #5 on the Background Settings, 'Ambience + Other App'. * To use another app for the background audio choose Background Mode #4, 'Other App'. * Headphones or Earbuds must be worn for Binaural Tones to be Effective. *
* Supports iOS 13 Dark Mode
* If the audio stops when the app is backgrounded or the screen locks please restart the device with a full shutdown as this is the result of low RAM memory which causes iOS to suspend background audio.
* Added the ability to play and pause audio using Lock Screen and Remote Controls *only* when using Brainwaves with the included Ambience. In modes that allow other audio apps or iTunes Music to be playing these controls will only affect iTunes or the other app. This is because in modes where our app allows other audio to play that other app becomes the "Now Playing" app--and there can be only one "Now Playing" app on iOS.
* How it Works *
During the entrainment process, two different carrier tones are played into the left and right ears. The frequency difference between these tones matches the brainwave frequency of the target state of mind. The listener will hear these carrier tones as an audible tone, however, when processing these two different tones the human brain will perceive the small frequency difference between the tones as an inaudible periodic beat. When exposed to this beat the listener's brainwaves will begin to synchronize with the beat frequency. What allows the human brain to perceive this beat is our directional hearing system, located in the brain stem. The brain's directional hearing system calculates frequency shifts between sound entering the left and right ear to quickly locate the direction of a sound, but when that difference is rhythmic, as with binaural tones, the brain synchronizes with the pattern. This process is more effective in the presence of background noise or ambient sounds, which allows humans to hear and locate even subtle sounds, like an animal moving nearby in a forest that is filled with noise. It is also what allows humans to perceive the beat frequency produced by tuning forks.
As an example, the human ear can't directly perceive the .5 - 2 Hz Delta-wave frequencies associated with deep sleep because it is well below the human hearing range, but if you wear headphones or earbuds with one side playing a 135 Hz tone and the other playing a 136 Hz tone your brain will perceive the 1 Hz difference between those frequencies as a periodic beat, in this case matching a low delta wave frequency associated with sleep. As you listen, your own brainwaves will begin to match that frequency.
* Brainwave Frequencies *
Different states of mind will display a dominant frequency, but all brainwaves are present in a mix at all times.
Gamma waves (30-44 Hz):
Associated with high-level information processing, multi-tasking, excitement, and high energy.
High-Beta waves (18-29 Hz):
Associated with mental activities such as math, planning, and design.
Mid-Beta waves (15-17 Hz):
Increased problem-solving ability, focus, and alertness.
Low-Beta waves (12-14 Hz):
Relaxed, yet still mentally sharp
High-Alpha waves (10-11 Hz):
Relaxed, centered, tranquil
Low-Alpha waves (8-9 Hz):
Relaxed, almost meditative but still aware
Theta waves (4-7 Hz):
Associated with deep meditation, creativity, intuition, and dream-like states. Theta waves also occur during REM sleep and the early stages of deep, slow-wave sleep.
Delta waves (.5-3 Hz):
Deep, slow-wave sleep. Slow-wave sleep allows the brain to recover from daily activities. It is important for hormonal regulation, growth, memory retention, and physical renewal.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I'll Be Using This App Often.
I've had this app on my phone for sometime, with the intention of using it as an aid for parasympathetic body work. I finally started using it yesterday. I've been listening to it now for a few hours (Deep Relaxation with Peace background), and so far I'm impressed with how well it works.
I typically feel overwhelmed by the numerous things that need to be accomplished, which leaves me feeling anxious and rushed. This particular combo has really helped me to slow down today and not feel so uptight, which sadly, is not easily accomplished. I use other modalities to shift my body into parasympathetic mode, but I can't seem to stay there. This program seems to be helping dampen down triggers that cause my body to shift into sympathetic state inappropriately.
I look forward to trying the other programs. I hope the results are as impressive and useful. Even if they aren't, the results I'm experiencing today made downloading this app one of the best tools I've acquired to step away from the perpetual, health destroying, running myself ragged mindset that our culture has ingrained in us.
This thing blows my mind! The first time I used it I was like "No way!" As I kept using it I discovered that it is literally the only way I am able to fall asleep nights when my mind is so full of thoughts and my anxiety is running rampant! I hate the way sleep aids make me feel like I've been run over by a freight train. I recently switched from using "Deep Sleep" to "Dreamy Sleep" and had the craziest dreams! I normally can't remember my dreams and I was actually able to recall quite a bit of them. Unfortunately last night, I dreamt that I faked the death of my dog last year and I felt like it lasted the whole night so I think I'll be switching back to "Deep Sleep" :( Awesome product though. My *only* complaint is that I wish there were more ambiance options or the ability to use it with Pandora. You can use your own music but I don't have much personal music on my phone so I am limited to using the app's ambiance tracks and they get old after a while. Highly recommend!
I use this all the time. It is great to get to sleep when suffering with insomnia, pain relief for fibromyalgia or migraine, force a nap when you know you will need it but can’t stop thinking, jet lag wake or sleep, tinnitus, energy meditation (ahhmaaazzzing!!!), or just quiet your ADD when you need to focus. SO MANY USES!!
I love the ambient noise that comes with the app- especially ocean waves. Love that you can use itunes, but usually don’t find it necessary. I also love the slick looking super-intuitive dashboard.
The only improvement it is needs better control on fade in/fade out during programs and at the end of programs. I have the fade toggles set, and only use the app’s ambient sounds, but they are not always working properly. The abrupt stop and start is especially jarring when you are attempting deep sleep- similar to vertigo feeling as you are just falling asleep and you jump suddenly, but without the physical jump- lol. Also integrated glossary within descriptions would be awesome, eg, why gamma for this particular program or beta for that one? What does it DO? Talk nerdy to me.
- Banzai Labs Inc.
- 96.9 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Banzai Labs Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.