New to podcasts? Or do you listen every day? Breaker is for you.
Every podcast is on Breaker! Over 500,000 podcasts available.
Follow your friends to see what they’re listening to, and discover new podcasts from the Breaker community. Like, share, and comment on your favorite episodes.
Breaker is perfect for listening:
- ½x up to 3x speed
- Skip Silences to save time
- Dark mode and landscape mode
- Offline mode
- Download new episodes automatically
Breaker is the #1 social podcast app:
- Like and comment on episodes <3
- Discover hot episodes that everyone is listening to
- Chat about episodes with friends
- Create playlists and share them
- Profile with your favorite podcasts
- Share on Twitter and Facebook
New! Premium podcasts **:
- Purchase exclusive episodes from podcasts you love
- Subscribe to exclusive podcasts on Breaker
- Help support your favorite podcasters
Try out the best new podcast app and hear what everyone is talking about.
** Available subscriptions for purchase in Breaker:
Stranger Things Things for $2.99 / month
Developer Tea (Ad-Free) for $4.99 / month
For podcast subscriptions, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. The subscription will automatically renew monthly. You account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. The subscription will automatically renew unless turned off at least 24-hours prior to the end of the current monthly period. Subscription may be managed, and auto-renewal may be turned off, by going to your App Store Account Settings after purchase.
Terms of service: https://www.breaker.audio/i/terms
Questions? Feedback? Email us at email@example.com.
Download improvements! We’re always working to improve downloads but this is a big update.
- Episodes download in a consistent order
- Currently playing episode won’t be removed from downloads
- Better respect for file storage constraints
- audio/mp4 files are saved as mp4 instead of mp3
- Shareable playlists no longer delete episodes after listening
- Prompts to enable push notifications for things you might want to be notified about
- Fixes when dismissing an episode from the player
- Fixes for dismissing the player when an episode ends
- Fixes spacing issues with discover and search results screens
Ratings and Reviews
I really wanted to like Breaker—and to be fair, the social aspects of the app are the closest I’ve seen to what I want out of a podcast app. People don’t actually seem to be using those tools to be social yet, but that could just be an in progress network effect/critical mass thing. I run into too many bugs and confusing situations for me to recommend it to friends, though. My main complaint is that downloading episodes ahead of time rarely works out, which makes the app all but useless for me. I’m never certain when I open the app if I’m going to be able to listen to podcasts today.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback! We're working on improvements to our downloads all the time. We'd be interested in getting some more information from you about your experience by email, if you have a moment. You can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Room for improvement, but still way better than Apple’s podcast app
Give me the podcast all Apple had out originally, and I’d be happy. Breaker is a great alternative to the app that Apple ruined- all my episodes download when they should and are easy to locate. My issue lies with being able to delete an episode after listening. The episode “disappears” from the playlist and you have to go into subscriptions to find it, and you still can’t do much with it there. If you don’t listen to all (or any) of an episode, it remains in the playlist, and you can swipe left to remove it from your playlist....but it’s not deleted from your phone (exists in subscription area). Not sure if I’m missing something that’s right in front of me, or if this was just overlooked.
A welcomed feature would be to be able to share an episode with people not on Breaker- sometimes I would email myself the episode to know to come back to it, and sometimes i would like to share it with others (who don’t use Breaker). Being able to create multiple playlists would be a bonus, too!
Developer Response ,
Hi Tif, I think I can help you out here. When you listen to an episode in full, manually "mark as listened", or swipe to remove it from your playlist, it is deleted from your device. In the subscriptions tab, you'll see a list of shows you are subscribed to. Tapping on any of these shows will list all of their episodes. These episodes are not downloaded to your device. They can be by tapping the "add to playlist" icon. You can verify the episodes actually stored locally by visiting Profile > Settings > Downloaded Episodes.
As for sharing an episode outside of Breaker, you can do that as well! To share the currently playing podcast from the full screen player, tap the arrow icon in the bottom right corner of your screen. From here you can share via email, messages, social media, or anywhere else you like. This icon is available on show and episode pages as well throughout the app!
Thank you for using Breaker!
Great but has some frustrating bugs.
Great app all around. Two things that could use some more work are the search function and more bug removal. The search itself isn’t the worst but sometimes it takes almost until the last letter of a podcast title for it to find the correct one, not very intuitive. The bugs can be a bit frustrating, some of the worst ones I get are toward the end of episodes that have been in a playlist for a while, they often will loop at random intervals. Three minutes will go by then that same 3 minutes will play once more. The absolute worst however is that your progress on an episode will often get deleted. This isn’t normally a huge issue, but with shows like Hardcore History that sometimes have nearly 3 hour episodes having to routinely scrub through to find my position is aggravating.
- Breaker Inc.
- 62.4 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2019 Breaker Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- $0.99 podcast episode $0.99
- $1.99 podcast episode $1.99
- $2.99 podcast episode $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.