ESSENTIAL INFORMATION FOR ALL DOG LOVERS!
A one-of-a kind app to inform you of the potential inherited diseases in your dog, and steps you can take for early diagnosis.
* What every dog owner should know in order to safeguard the health of his or her dog.
* Looking for a dog? What you should know before you buy.
* The most popular dog breeds and their inherited predispositions.
* Descriptions of possible genetic diseases and steps for prevention. Never again will you be told by your veterinarian that you should have come in sooner, when preventive treatment could have been started.
* Recommended testing and timelines for testing.
* Be informed before you see your vet.
* Includes information on over 300 genetically linked diseases. Prevent bladder and kidney stones, blindness from glaucoma, strokes from high blood pressure and more.
* Genetic breed information that will help you select a pet health insurance company that will best cover your dog’s genetic risks. Avoid claims from being declined due to disease exclusions.
* A handy in-your-pocket guide, to protect your " best friend" from potentially serious health problems - valuable information condensed into one resource.
Written by a veterinarian with easy-to-understand explanations. Find out why veterinarians are using this information for client education in their offices.
Craig Mohnacky DVM, Vista California: "Great product - long overdue! Our clients are very receptive to it.”
Miranda Bourque DVM, Calgary Canada: “This information is so important for our pet owners…in such an easy to read format….I am excited to add this breed information to all of my new puppy packs.”
American Cocker Spaniel
American Staffordshire Terrier
Australian Cattle Dog
Bernese Mountain Dog
Bouvier de Flanders
Cardigan Welsh Corgi
Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
Chespeake Bay Retriever
Chinese Shar Pei
Dogue de Bordeaux
English Cocker Spaniel
English Springer Spaniel
Flat Coated Retriever
German Shepherd Dog
German Shorthaired Pointer
German Wirehaired Pointer
Greater Swiss Mountain Dog
Jack Russell Terrier
Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever
Old English Sheepdog
Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Pit Bull Terrier
Portuguese Water Dog
Soft Coated Wheaton Terrier
Staffordshire Bull Terrier
West Highland White Terrier
Our users said:
“I am so grateful for this information. When looking at the predispositions for Chihuahuas, I noticed that they are prone to glaucoma. I feel lucky that this was detected before she became blind.”
Author: Craig Dixon DVM - a practicing veterinarian for 45 years and author of two published books: First Aide for Pets and Breed Risk Prevention in Dogs, a veterinary reference book.
Fix for poodle breed descriptions.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A Must Have for Dog Owners!
I first decided to download this app when Dr. Dixon (the author of this app) treated my Pomeranian. It’s a wonderful app that lists out what your dog is predisposed to according to breed and age, and tells you what your pet should be tested for according to its age. You won’t be disappointed!
Got this app and used it for all our families dogs!
We used this app for our first dog and were were so impressed that we shared it with all our family and friends. It’s nice to get recommendations for risk prevention catered to my 4 dogs breeds!
I got this app just to check the dog breeds, it is really sooooo informational and I got to choose the best breed of dog for my sister's bday! She was so happy with the Shih Tzu I got for her! This app has been so helpful to put a smile on my sister's face! Thanks a lot!!
- Henler, Inc.
- 52.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Craig Dixon, DVM
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.