Going to the doctor is now a breeze! Breeze offers a modern experience at the doctor’s office, at home, or on the go. Ideal for those of us that never want to fill out another paper form, wait endlessly to be seen by our doctor, or have no flexibility for when or how to pay for our care.
- Create a single account that works across all your doctors and care providers (as long as they are using Breeze)
- See upcoming appointments, cancel and schedule appointments, and manage outstanding payments all from the same app
- Enjoy a seamless, easy, and modern user experience throughout (finally!)
- Use multiple and faster check-in methods including using a QR code scanned right from your phone
- No more clipboards! Fill out electronic forms that make check-in and check-out faster: simply confirm that the automatically-populated data is correct, and edit only what has changed since your last visit
- Pay without having to wait in line, in the practice, at home or on the go (Yes, even with Apple Pay)
- Store your credit cards securely so you can pay faster
- Easily create payment plans and take the pain out of healthcare payments
This release includes:
- Fixed an issue where searching for a primary care physician and referring physician returned no results
- General bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
It’s absolutely NOT a “Breeze” to use. (Zero Stars)
1. App is not family-friendly. It needs to be enabled for use with multiple patients, especially for minors.
My children and I see the same physician, however, the app is only single-threaded, thus rendering it useless.
See the FMHMobile app. They know how to do it right.
2. There are problems with sending messages to providers:
a) I receive an error message every time.
“ERROR: The data could not be read because it is missing.
^^ ”What is this??!? ^^
Yesterday, I sent a message to my provider and got this error. So, like most people, I tried it again 2 more times with the same result. Finally, I gave up and called provider and left a VM.
But... Guess what? Those 3 messages actually went through later. Frustrating.
b) The method of sending messages is a UX design nightmare.
I have to type it in like it’s an iMessage (1-line field that scrolls).
Well...When communicating with a doctor’s office, messages are usually longer than a text message.
The worst part about it is that there is no way to easily review the message before sending it (and then experiencing 2a above).
This needs to be displayed in a paragraph form that is easy to edit if necessary (like the format of this app review).
Easy to Use - No Issues
I was hesitant to install the app after reading the reviews but I installed the app, logged in and was able to pay my bill with no issues. I am happy to report that the app didn’t crash during install or use.
No bad issues
I use this app when I need to and have had no problems with it as I have had with others. The only thing is I do not see when meds are ordered or the results of tests. The Dr mentioned I would see those.
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.