Brief is a productivity app that helps you focus your day to achieve more professionally and personally. Its clean, minimalist dashboard combines team chat, video, hubs, to do lists, file sharing and storage - helping you action priorities that drive the most impact.
Stay Focused. Go Brief.
• GROUP CHAT: Message your colleagues, team members, partners and friends
• FILE SHARING: Share any type of file, image or video from any device
• MULTIDEVICE: A seamless experience that syncs in real-time across desktop and mobile
• VIDEO CALLS: High-quality video conferencing powered by ZOOM™
• DESIGN: Minimalist and clutter-free interface so that you can focus on what truly matters
• DARK MODE: Save your eyes and battery life by trying our new dark mode
• LIGHTWEIGHT: Super-fast performance saving you precious time and battery life.
• TO DO LISTS: Create, assign and track tasks and to-dos on mobile and on desktop
• REMINDERS & CALENDAR: Set due dates and reminders for tasks
• HUBS: Organize your chats, tasks, and files according to your needs and priorities
• SEARCH: Find past messages and files within seconds
• CONVERT MESSAGES TO TASKS: Turn a message into a task to add it to your list of priorities
• SECURITY: Industry-leading encryption so that you can communicate with confidence
New Features, Updates & Fixes
- INTRODUCING EMAIL REGISTRATION: The feature you all have been waiting for is now up and running! Sign in/sign up using just your email address and invite your colleagues to join you straight away. No phone number verification needed.
- ONBOARDING MADE EASY WITH GOOGLE ACCOUNT : You can now sign in/sign up in one click.
- NEW MESSAGE DELETE PERMISSION: You can now delete ANY message from ANY chat from ANY time. Feel free to share your thoughts (as you can always withdraw them later).
- DUE DATE NOTIFICATIONS: When setting up a task due date add a Reminder, so all the task members will be notified when the deadline is coming.
- ASSIGNING TASKS: New ‘Assignee’ field in Task Info allows you to properly assign a task or view who is assigned to that task.
We want to make your experience with Brief as simple as possible, so please let us know what you think. Leave your feedback through Brief Support & Feedback chat: https://gobrief.com/@BriefSupport and watch out for more cool features soon!
Ratings and Reviews
Loads of potential
Our Enterprise has a great need for what this COULD be, and hopefully is already planned to be as there is an Enterprise-level pricing that hasn't been launched yet.
I worry that the target product is going to try to compete with products like Microsoft Teams. That's a fight they just won't win at the Enterprise level and will struggle to find footing against competitors at lower levels.
That being said, If there was a slight target shift that:
1. Emphasized an Organization -> Team/Group -> Project hierarchy...
2. ... with Active Directory (or other User Management System) integration that let you delegate Team/Group Owners/Admins and various member permissions for the project and task levels
3. Had MS Exchange integration for scheduling meetings at the Team/Group, Project, and even task levels
4. Added the concept of Sub-tasks
5. Had Jira, Trello, etc. integration
6. Let you assign tasks and sub-tasks to other team members
... all while keeping the killer "dashboard" view and chat and file sharing functionality at every level (team/project/task), then this would be the app to beat. (Though the pricing structure would have to change because we'd throw EVERYTHING at it. The generous unlimited storage would have to cost way more than $14/month)
Enterprises like ours have multiple tiers of user types and still today we're struggling to find a solution to connect everyone in a way that makes sense. Because we're a manufacturing company, less than half of our workforce has a company email account. A much, much smaller percentage has a company-provided/managed device. Brief is so close to being a perfect solution for us, but we need the features mentioned above before it's a good fit. We will be watching the evolution of this one for sure.
Powerful! Done with Slack
I own a record label and we've been on the hunt for the perfect app for a long time: an app that would allow my team to communicate, store files, manage projects and keep everyone on the same page. THIS IS THAT APP! We've eliminated ASANA, Trello and slack and have moved our people, our partners and our artists to this awesome app. Keep up the great work BRIEF!!!!! It just keeps getting better!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.