Bright Renamer takes the task of renaming files to a whole new level by automating it with "Renaming Rules" that provide filenames text manipulation and files meta data retrieval.
Thanks to the smart 4 areas splitted window, automatic file renaming is more intuitive and easy than ever before.
Bright Renamer's 12 renaming rules, hundreds of rules settings and 157 meta data tags - makes it useful for everyone:
• Extract valuable information such as: the date and time you took a picture with your camera / videos runtime / songs artists and titles / etc...
• Are you a digital photographer or maybe you have folders with tons of photos having filenames similar to DSC4815.jpg? Bright Renamer knows how to extract information about the photo from the meta data of it, such as: Date picture taken/aperture/GPS/etc...
• Did you import your favourite CDs or MP3 player's songs to your computer or maybe you buy music on the iTunes store? you can extract information (for example: ID3 tags) from the meta data of audio files (MP3/FLAC and many more) such as: Album name/artist/title/etc... So you can have your music library organized.
• Video: With over 30 different containers support, you can extract valuable info such as: video runtime/bitrate/codecs from many file formats such as: MKV/OGG/AVI/MPEG/FLAC/AC3.
• Documents and other files: Did you know that your Office documents contain meta data too (such as: number of pages/author/etc...)?
Bright Renamer provides many tools even for regular files such as: Fix spaces in filenames, add sequence numbering, change filenames case and many other string manipulation tasks.
Still can't find a solution for your file renaming task? Advanced profiles repositories to the rescue:
Power users (such as: system admins/IT experts and others) will find the RegEx & AppleScript rules useful for advanced renaming tasks.
Even if you don't have any scripting knowledge, you can take advantage of RegEx & AppleScript profiles repositories.
• Added support for macOS High Sierra.
Ratings and Reviews
It has potential
Downloaded this as I had some files to rename, old documents, statements, photos … Liked the preview of the app. It however instantly fell short in that I could not simply drag and drop the files I had open in finder in the top left quadrant (had to use the icon and then drill down to another drive, folder, …) and then mysteriously enough four of the renaming rules were greyed out, which most importantly included “ replace text “ … looked at instructions, even highlighted all the files, … and that replace text was the most basic function I wanted to start with.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for reviewing: Bright Renamer.
It is indeed possible to drag files and folders to the files/preview pane (the right upper pane). Following your review - We will add a drag and drop placeholder. Regarding the greyed out rules: some of the rules require you to unlock all features. We encourage you to try our 1 free week trial in order to use the full potential of Bright Renamer (including the: "Replace Text" renaming rule). Thank you. Best regards, Sahar Radomsky, Developer of Bright Renamer
What a Joke
Are you kidding, 4 ages. I don't think so. It makes you go through so many steps, my free file renamer on the PC takes me about 10 seconds to get it finished. I just spent 10 minutes and got nowhere.
It added extra decimals and the end of the main name, before .jpg at the end. Too many steps to go through, holy crap. I don't think anyone on the Apple Store has ANY good file rename programs. They are all CRAP. Including this one.
Used for Bates Numbering
The app was intuitive for me to use. I used it to add a prefix and a zero-padded sequential numbering sequence to ~1,000 files for a small court case. I also used it to strip prefixes and numbers as well.
The rename options seem very robust. I was using the 7 day full trial.
The developer, Sahar Radomsky, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Sahar Radomsky
- 6.2 MB
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Sahar Radomsky
- In-App Purchases
- Free Trial $0.00
- Unlock All Features $13.99