Brightwheel is the #1 software solution for preschools, child care providers, camps, and after school programs.
Brightwheel is the only app that integrates everything you need: sign in/out, messaging, learning assessments, daily sheet reports, photos, videos, calendars, scheduling, attendance, online bill pay for parents, and much more.
Brightwheel lets you manage your center, streamline workflows, and engage with parents, so you can save time and money, make life easier for your staff, and improvement satisfaction for your parents.
Join tens of thousands of preschools, child care centers, and daycare programs across the globe that have fallen in love with brightwheel!
PRESCHOOLS / CHILD CARE / DAYCARE / CAMPS: Manage your students and classrooms, track attendance, schedule, and room ratios, share photos and videos, assess learning milestones, communicate with parents, send paperless invoices and payments, review daily sheets, and manage staff. Brightwheel is your all-in-one preschool and child care management app!
PARENTS: Engage in your child’s day with a real-time feed of photos, videos, schedules, reminders, and updates. Use brightwheel’s digital check-in to securely sign in and out, pay tuition online, and even invite grandparents, nannies, and friends to join in the fun!
• Central Database: Store everything related to kids and families in one secure place.
• Student Check-In: Multiple digital check-in options available including digital signatures, 4 digit check-in codes, and a kiosk mode - all aligned with child care licensing requirements.
• Staff Check-In & Ratios: Make administrative tasks easier by managing staff check-in to see your ratios across all your rooms in real time.
• Attendance: Easily log attendance and absences for your school-age students, infants, and toddlers. Use our attendance tracking system to keep track of your toddlers.
• Photo and video sharing: Snap photos, record videos and tag students with one click. Automatically saved to your account and shared with parents (with no extra work!).
• Daily Sheet Reports & Schedules: Log naps, meals, bathroom, and other activities. Parents get a feed and daily summary. Daily sheet reports are a breeze with brightwheel.
• Assessment & Observations: Make note of progress, achievements, and activities with pre-loaded state standards and a DRDP tool. Share with parents or privately amongst teachers.
• Student Feed: Parents get a personalized feed throughout the day. Save time – no more paper tracking sheets or sending individual photos.
• Parent Communication: Manage parent communication from one central hub (notices, calls, texts, etc.).
• Calendar: Share schedules, events, holidays, and important dates with both families and staff.
• Paperless Billing: Seamless electronic billing and payments for tuition and fees. Use brightwheel for all your child care accounting needs.
• Reporting: Detailed reports of every brightwheel feature for billing and licensing requirements.
• Seamless Sync: Brightwheel stays up to date across all phones and tablets – so teachers can use their own device or a school device.
• Web Portal: Easy management and great functionality available on the web, too.
• Affordable. Both free and premium plans available to fit your needs.
And... much more coming! Brightwheel is the #1 early education platform for preschools, child care providers, and daycares, and we’re always committed to innovation with frequent improvements and new features.
We've added the ability to log a new Health Check activity, which can be used by admins & staff to track and monitor student health.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
We have been one of Brightwheel’s longest customers. We started off when the app was small and had just a few features, and we stayed because of the product they have built and we fully believe In Brightwheel & their mission! They have proven over and over that they are listening to us as caregivers and parents as they add all of our requested features. When we were told we would need to move to a paid version earlier this year, there was no hesitation because this has revolutionized our work and our ability to communicate with families. This app helped us immediately contact a parent for a child that was having a seizure, helped us to identify food allergies through the daily food log (that didn’t get lost because it was paper!), and is a selling point for our school because everyone likes having access to know what their child is doing each day! It saves us money on paper, time it takes to write out each activity for each child, and our parents LOVE it! We love brightwheel and I will never have enough positive things to say. Thank you Dave, Jen and team! 💙
Default payment isn’t a default payment
If my daughter’s school didn’t require I use this app for payments, I wouldn’t. I had a temporary payment method set up when I first enrolled her. When I was able to set my actual bank account, I set it as the default method. Seems easy enough, right? Wrong. It kept charging my back up for three consecutive weeks. What the app does when this happens is it will “pay” her school automatically and I have to go in and pay them in cash or cashiers check PLUS an additional $20. I even tried deleting the secondary account myself but the app doesn’t allow me to. I had to have someone from the brightwheel app do it for me. Oh, and the whole “we’ll get back to you within 30 minutes thing... it took almost an hour and half for them to get back to me. So on top of the $2/month I pay in service fees, I’ve paid an additional $60 this month all because the app doesn’t actually acknowledge a default payment method as just that AND the fees my back up payment institution charged me for bouncing payments. So unfortunately, because I love my daughters teachers and school, I am forced to continue giving this company my money every month. Never mind how embarrassing it is to constantly have your payments bounce even though you have the money to cover it. I would give zero stars if I could.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you have had trouble updating your payment method in brightwheel. Based on your submission, it sounds like you may have updated your payment method, but not your auto-pay settings. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and would be more than happy to assist you with updating your auto-pay settings to your new default payment method. Please reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and our support team will be happy to help!
The most unsafe daycare app
As a 1st time parent staying connected to my phone all to get an alert on my child sounded perfect. Until the childcare provider abused the picture to photograph my child and filter it through another social media app called Snapchat and then upload that photo to brightwheel more than once. This app does not monitor the safety of our children against social media pictures. They have no rules against safe photo uploading guidelines! They do not make posting photos safe. I asked for my child’s unauthorized pictures to be removed because I terminated my contract w/ the daycare which in return terminated my contract with this app. I contacted brightwheel and they denied my request to protect my child’s unauthorized uploaded pictures on this app and denial of closing my account. Any app you make a profile on you should be able to delete. I asked who uploaded the photos on the brightwheel app and got a response that made no sense. Which means they don’t even fully interpret the complaints of parents. From my experience they do not care about child safety only the business from the Daycare’s to keep everything looking “bright”. This app is unsafe and the staff is highly careless when it comes to “protecting the child’s best interest”!. DO NOT SIGN UP because THEY WILL NOT DELETE the account and treat you very nasty!
Developer Response ,
Hi Cherry, we’re so sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Our team is actively working on this issue, and we’ll follow up through your Support conversation. Please keep in touch with updates or additional information directly through that conversation - we’ll be in touch soon!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.