The world’s oldest photography magazine is now available on the iPad and iPhone.
Each monthly issue for iPad includes stunning pictures, insightful interviews with award-winning professionals, special reports and in-depth reviews of the latest technology.
Read it first on the weekly iPhone editions, which include a selection of articles from that month's edition, in a format designed to be easy to read on the iPhone and published ahead of the printed magazine.
Two types of subscription are available:
iPad subscriptions include the monthly iPad edition, plus all weekly iPhone editions.
iPhone-only subscriptions include only the iPhone editions, for a lower price.
About British Journal of Photography:
Founded in 1854 to record the scientific development of a fledgling medium, these days BJP takes an international perspective on contemporary photography, focusing on fine art and documentary, and the cutting edge of editorial and commercial practices.
Each monthly edition (in print and iPad) focuses on a theme, including regular subjects such as Portraits, Education, Journeys and Community, and more esoteric ones such as Habitat or Small Town Inertia. We publish an annual review, Cool & Noteworthy, and an annual talent edition, Ones To Watch.
Each issue includes in-depth features and interviews. We seek out new talent to showcase in our Projects section, and in our Intelligence section we give you briefings and opinion on the latest thinking about the medium and how to make it work as a business.
For more than 160 years, British Journal of Photography has been inspiring people all over the world with incredible stories and images and with our iOS editions it has never been easier to stay in the know.
** Subscription terms and conditions
• iPad subscriptions are available from £5.99/$7.99 for one month to £49.99/$64.99 for one year
• iPhone subscriptions are available from £2.99/$3.99 for one month to £14.99/$19.99 for one year
• iPad subscriptions include access to all monthly iPad editions when using an iPad device, and all weekly iPhone editions when using an iPhone.
• iPhone only subscriptions are clearly marked as such within the app, and allow only access to the weekly iPhone editions when using an iPhone device.
• Subscriptions are available with durations from one month to one year. Your iTunes account will be charged the cost of the subscription when you choose to purchase a subscription.
• At the end of the subscription period, and unless you choose to cancel (see below), the subscription will renew. Your iTunes account will be charged the same cost within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period.
• You may manage your subscription, or cancel this auto renewal, at any time via your iTunes Account settings. However, subscription sales are final. If you choose to cancel, your subscription will cease at the end of the current period - no refunds will be given.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited if you choose to purchase a subscription.
Bug fixes, performance improvements and UI updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Read terms before subscribing
The iPad and iPhone editions are completely separate subscriptions. Paying for one will get you nowhere on the other. Consider your reading habits before you choose.
A Terrific App and Magazine
App works great. All the features seem flawless. The magazine is, of course, a classic so you can't miss by subscribing. The store was a bit confusing but, in the end, I prevailed. A keeper.
Im shocked how bad this is
It’s 2021 and I’m shocked to see such a badly designed app these days. The website is a mess and there you need to read a pdf to login?? Are you serious?? Speechless.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 1854 Media Ltd
- 66.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Frequent/Intense Simulated Gambling Frequent/Intense Profanity or Crude Humor Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 1854 Media
- In-App Purchases
- iPad and iPhone Subscription $7.99
- iPad and iPhone Subscription $64.99
- iPad and iPhone Subscription $19.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.