BronyTunes is the way to listen to all your favorite songs by brony musicians, all in one place, available anywhere and anytime!
• Play what you want, when you want.
Listen to hits by fandom musicians like Odyssey (Eurobeat Brony), EileMonty, The Living Tombstone, Aviators, BlackGryph0n, MathematicPony, Vocal Score Pony, Glaze (WoodenToaster), Forest Rain, Poni1Kenobi, dBPony, Replacer, Cyril the Wolf, d.notive, and many, many more!
• The hits you love, undiscovered gems, and everything in between.
With songs from the best artists spanning every genre, you'll find it all on BronyTunes Radio.
• Easy on your ears. And your data plan.
When you stream music from any app, audio files are downloaded by your device over Wi-Fi or your cellular data connection. And normally, to hear a song again, it has to be downloaded again and again each time. It shouldn't have to be this way!
With BronyTunes' Smart Caching feature, the app can keep a copy of the songs you play without using any more data than what it takes to play the song. When you want to hear that song again, you no longer need to use any data, which also means that you can listen online. Rock on! /)
We've got a much bigger update (BronyTunes 5) in the works, but didn't want to leave you all hanging in the meantime!
BronyTunes 4.7.1 is a patch for 4.7 that fixes an issue with the volume slider displaying incorrectly on certain devices. 4.7 added iOS 13 compatibility, including a dark mode, as well as bugfixes (listed below) and performance improvements to make the whole app smoother and faster!
Apple Watch support will also be returning someday. There are technical hurdles keeping it from working just yet, but we're hard at work on it and other new stuff for you, so sit tight!
New features and bugfixes include:
• Several users reported issues opening the app on iOS 13. Those issues are now resolved!
• The Now Playing screen's playback slider now properly displays on iPhone X and newer.
• Dark mode for menus (iOS 13 only), and a new light mode for the Now Playing screen.
• Rows in song lists no longer require a left swipe to reveal the download/remove button.
• System playback controls (lock screen, Control Center) now have a slider you can use to seek to any part of a song.
• System playback controls can also fast-forward and rewind if you tap and hold on the forward/back buttons.
• System playback controls now properly display that BronyTunes Radio is a livestream.
• Downloaded songs now properly store and display album artwork when listening offline.
• Album artwork in general now loads consistently and reliably, resolving a miscommunication between the app and our servers.
• Songs marked as explicit/clean now include a [E]/[C] after the song name, instead of just using colors. This helps those with certain types of color-blindness!
• More Info button now properly identifies Apple Music links.
• The About screen no longer includes a built-in feedback service. The company we partnered with dropped support for it anyway, so the support button now links to our Twitter page, @BronyTunes. That's the best place to reach us anyway!
• A ton of other internal code improvements that *should* make the app even smoother, faster, and more reliable. We're always working on further improving performance, though!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Very worth it 👍🏼
=~=~= Edit #6 =~=~=
•LOVE the huge selection. Best place to listen to brony music. If you like any brony music at all, buy this app.
•Has non-brony songs too! Some awesome songs from the brony artists that aren't related to ponies are uploaded too! Awesome!
•Keeps up to date with new songs.
•Has Caleb Hyles' covers now! Thank you!
•Has the abilities to download songs and add favorite artists.
Make it 20% cooler, please:
•Add an All Albums folder and an All Songs folder to the Favorites folder so I can listen to all the songs by all of my favorite artists at once.
•Make the indication that a song is downloaded more noticeable; right now it is denoted by making the right-hand button on the song bar only a slightly darker shade of gray. This button is not even visible when a song is playing.
•Add the ability to download the current song playing from the Now Playing screen to make it simpler.
•All of the bugs I pointed out before got fixed! Thanks! :)
Developer Response ,
I've been watching your comments over time, thank you for all the ones you made.
Apple *finally* added the ability for us app developers to reply to reviews like yours, which is wonderful. (Caleb Hyles' addition was because of your request!)
Those other requests/suggestions are great as well. I'll take them into consideration as I work on the next update! 😁
Fantastic but missing KEY features(IMO)
I loveeeee this app however there are a few features that aren’t currently in the app but could make the app even better!
1: Add a download button for the current song on the “now playing” screen/player.
2: Add a way to search through the entire data base of songs to be able to discover more artists.
3: Add a favorite songs section and a favorite button for the current song playing.
4: Add a favorite button for the artist of the current song playing (instead of having to go to the “edit” section every time)
5: Add a playlist section and allow us to make playlists.
EDIT: as well as making it possible to swipe right or left (not to skip songs) to go back to the previous page. For example if I’m on the current song screen/player area and I swipe right it would be good to swipe back to where I clicked the song to play it and to be able to keep swiping to the right to go back even further such as going back to the favorite artists section. If that makes any sense.
That’s all it really needs and then it would be perfect~
I really am loving this, as others have said, it has a massive library of music, almost everything a brony could want. The only issue is there are still a few artists that aren't here, mostly very small artists, like Carnivorous Chrysalis. I agree with others that there should be playlists, and some kind of download button on the now playing screen, and that not all the songs have the lyrics, aside from those small things, the only issue I have is that the app seems to crash after playing five or six songs in a row. I hope to see this app continue to develop and become the best brony app out there!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Jacob Pritchett
- 23.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2019 Jacob Pritchett
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.