Brother iPrint&Scan is a free app that enables you to print from and scan to your iOS device (iPhone / iPod touch / iPad). Use your local wireless network to connect your iOS device to your Brother printer or all-in-one. Some new advanced functions have been added (edit, fax send, fax preview, copy preview, machine status). For a list of supported models, please visit your local Brother website.
- Easy to use menu.
- Simple steps to print your favorite photos, web pages and documents (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text).
- Print photos directly from your iPhone camera.
- Print PDF files or Microsoft® Office documents or Text files by starting the app from "Open in..."
- Print your documents and photos directly from the following cloud services: Dropbox™, Google Drive™, OneDrive, Evernote®.
- Print what you copied to the clipboard.
- Use iTunes File Sharing to send compatible files (PDF, Word, Excel®, PowerPoint®, Text, JPEG, PNG, TIFF) to iPrint&Scan for convenient printing at a later time.
- Scan directly to your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad.
- Save scanned images to your photo album, iCloud or Facebook / Twitter / Flickr accounts or send them in an E-mail (PDF, JPEG).
- Print scanned images saved to iCloud from this app.
- Automatically search for supported devices on a local wireless network.
- No computer and no driver required.
- The remote print function enables you to print from anywhere. (Your machine needs to support Google Cloud Print™ to use this function.)
*To save scanned images directly to Facebook / Twitter / Flickr, you must first register your accounts on your mobile device.
*As the remote print function is based on Google Cloud Print™, you must first register your machine in your Google account. For detailed information, please see the Google Cloud Print Guide available on the Brother support website (http://solutions.brother.com/).
(Only available on new models.)
- Edit previewed images using the editing tools (scale, straighten, crop) if necessary.
- Send a fax directly from your mobile device.
(This app feature requires access to the address book of your mobile device.)
- View received faxes stored on your machine on your mobile device.
- The copy preview function enables you to preview an image and edit it if necessary before copying to avoid copy errors.
- View the machine’s status such as ink/toner volume and error messages on your mobile device.
*Compatible functions will depend on the selected device.
[Compatible Print Settings]
- Paper Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Photo 2L (5" x 7" / 13 x 18 cm)
- Media Type -
- Copies -
Up to 5
[Compatible Scan Settings]
- Document Size -
4" x 6" (10 x 15cm)
Photo L (3.5" x 5" / 9 x 13 cm)
Card (2.4" x 3.5" / 60 x 90 mm)
- Scan Type -
Black & White
*Compatible settings will depend on the selected device and function.
*Google Drive and Google Cloud Print are trademarks of Google Inc. Use of these trademarks is subject to Google Permissions.
*Evernote is a trademark of Evernote Corporation and used under a license.
*Microsoft, Excel, and PowerPoint are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Fixed minor bugs for a better user experience.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Horrendous compared to HPs App
I decided to update my printer from my 8+ year old HP work-horse to the brother INKvestment. The printer itself has superior printing/scanning features compared to my last printer, but I LOVED the HP app. I scan almost all of the paper documents in my home and print a lot for work. The HP app’s scan function is so awesome and I do it all on my phone. Even the interface on the old HP LCD screen on my prior printer was somewhat modern and very intuitive. Why is brother a) so outdated looking and b) so insanely complicated! Updating firmware was automated and easy with my HP and I’m still having issues getting my new brother to update it’s firmware. Sadly, the app and brother’s website for changing the printer’s features, is so awful, that I think I’ll be returning this, despite how awesome the hardware is. Why isn’t the website that controls how to edit printer features integrated into the app?! Why do I need to go into 2 different things to get settings changed? So disappointing. Great machine, but if I can’t use it simply and easily when I need it, what’s the point.
Its a good app but i cant count how many times my images i print out for my clients tattoos were either too big or too small not due to client but due to the fact for example ill want a 6in image i have to guess and hope for the best im using the PocketJet 773 airprint the app doesnt show a reality layout of the paper i wish the app had a ruler for width and length on bottom and one side for the actual measurements of paper so you can size and edit it accurately also app doesnt have a label to show which side is the top or bottom of sheet that leads to my next concern i don’t understand why we cant add multiple images in one sheet you gotta keep rerunning for each image and thats when the problem with which is up and down ive printed out a image over another image several times because ill forget which is top or bottom of layout a app update on that would be fantastic honestly
Basic functionality but poor support
This utility provides basic print and scan functions. I scan a lot of magazines and documents with 4 different MFC models and most of the time the operation is good.
Like many functions on Brother MFCs, simple every day operations are made extremely complex. An example is scanning in Landscape mode. The app always scans in portrait mode. After experimenting,, without documentation, you can develop a 5 step edit that will convert each image to landscape. This is a lot of work when scanning multiple images. It should be a simple option selection like color versus b/w or single sided versus duplex.
When I do have a problem It is usually a software problem and there is no place to get help. The app support link points to a generic page on their web site. As most of the site is dedicated to marketing with a few device specific support pages. There does not appear to be any support for the mobile apps.
- Brother Industries, LTD.
- 45.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2010-2019 Brother Industries, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.