The Broward County Public Schools app gives you a personalized window into what is happening at the district and schools. Get the news and information that you care about and get involved.
- View district and school news
- Use the district tip line
- Receive notifications from the district and schools
- Access the district directory
- Display information personalized to your interests
Parents and students can:
- View grades, assignments, and attendance
- View and add contact information
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
- Improved iOS 13 support and minor bug fixes.
- Improved support for iPads.
- Fixed issues that prevented users from being able to log in.
- Added the ability to mark all unread notification messages as read.
- Added support for iPhone X.
- iOS 10 is the minimum version.
- Added 167x167 icons for iPad Pro support.
- Navigation bar became unreadable when sending an email.
- Top Stories header wasn't translating to other languages.
- Facebook and Google text overlapping.
- UI enhancements to the Students account profile when logged in via Facebook.
- Image attachments weren't displaying with the message body.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
A lot of Info but difficult and confusing
The app seems to provide a lot of information for parents, but it’s hard to navigate and understand. Some places the app says to use Pinnacle you need to go through a website but the website says you can use it through the app. There are multiple logins and even the supposed single logon is hard to find and use. It is not intuitive and seems designed just to get the job done instead of to have it run easily and smoothly.
Over a year and this app still very clunky and makes it very difficult to navigate thru for parents... I find myself using specific websites that should be integrated but are not... seriously could use some testers to point out the flaws and a team to address and correct them.
Ok as a technical end user professional that has been involved with numerous AGILE development process for work with a primary goal of functional and easier user experiences. It does not appear that during development that parents were involved to provide user stories.
I find this nothing more than an app with links to other websites. These websites need to be logged into all separately. Once your log into this app all other sub apps or links to other websites should already sign you in as a single sign on! When viewing something like the gradebook then we should be able to select the student we wish to view. (Assuming we have more than one student)!
I really don't see the value to the user if they have a site in there favorites... I am disappointed in the app and can only hope that it didn't cost the tax payers much. It is in serious need for improvements and upgrades.
Inefficient for Parents interested in academics
This app is completely inefficient to parents who want to review their child’s academic & cafeteria information. On the Broward County Public School website it encourages parents to download and use the app promising the ability to access student academic and cafeteria information, but that is not the case. Even after weeks of several emails to and from Broward County Public Schools IT department I am still unable to see any academic and correct cafeteria information for my children. If you want to receive a lot of messages about what the county is doing, then it’s the best app for you. However, if you want to use this app as a parent to monitor your children’s academics and balances then this is app is completely ineffective and will not meet your needs.
- Broward County Public Schools
- 42.1 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Parlant Technology, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.