Kids have fun when they learn to brush their teeth with Budd!
2016 First Prize awards from the US Education Department, Entertainment Software Association and International Meeting for Simulation in Healthcare
National Academy of Medicine’s App of the Year
Children love Brush Up™ and so do parents. Dental professionals love the results. More than just a fun timer and a great song, it is a true toothbrush training game. Brush Up demonstrated to improve kids’ brushing in a National Institute of Health funded study.
HELP YOUR CHILD
◆ Learn skills - with Budd, the Toothbrush Tutor.
◆ Become responsible - playing the Selfie Assessment Game
◆ Build habits - by earning a collection of monthly Cool Prizes.
◆ Research funded by the National Institute of Health*.
◆ Directed by dental hygiene scientists and child psychologists.
◆ Follow up studies show better brushing a full year after they stop playing.
◆ Cheerful mentor, brilliant song, fun animation.
◆ Magic Mirror puts your child right in the game with Budd.
◆ Personal data protected. See brushupgame.com/privacy.
◆ Fresh prizes every month keep your child motivated.
◆ Real-time reports keep you in the loop.
ONE-TIME PURCHASE PREMIUM CONTENT
Buy the Brush Up bonus content: it includes the Selfie Match Game, 300 motivational prizes and a full year of brushing reports with a one-time purchase of $9.99**.
SUBSCRIBE TO PREMIUM CONTENT
Each month, your child gets 25 fresh motivational prizes and you get a stream of reports. Apple manages your subscriptions. Here's their policy:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase [Brush Up has a one month free trial before charging]
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current one month period
• Account will be charged $0.99** for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's iTunes Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
* US National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research Grant 1R43DE021334. Controlled study of children using Brush Up with the sensor-enabled toothbrush.
Brush Up and Selfie Match Game are trademarks of GamesThatWork.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
- Adds Chinese song and voice
- Bugfix: Audio was not playing on some devices
Ratings and Reviews
Works too well...starts fights.
This app works well for getting you kid to want to brush their teeth. The song will burrow into your head and you won't soon forget it. Which side you are suppose to be brushing is a bit confusing, but after some time it all makes sense.
The problem, and the reason I took away a star, is that it works too well. My two children fight over the game while one of them is brushing. It has wreaked havoc in our house and started many fights, both while brushing and choosing prizes. To the developer's credit, there are multiple child profiles, which help, but still does not solve the core problem that the game is only designed for one child at a time. I could only imagine the pain if you had more than two kids.
All in all it works, but is best suited for only children.
Nees to fix the bugs but entertaining for kids
This app is entertaining for kids and helps them getting excited to brush their teeth. However, app is poorly designed. As a parent, I can’t even entrr my email address to see their daily progress reports. Everytime I try to enter the keyboard blocks where I would type and I don’t see if I’m typing correctly. When I want to delete letters, it keeps ADDING the “suggested words instead. Similar things happen when you want to enter the name of your child or their birthday. You need to swipe off the app and then get back to it if you did it right. And lots of other small bugs that need fixing. However, it deserves some praise since my 4 year old has brushed her own teeth excitedly for 2 minutes!!! Brushing teeth is always a hassle with her and with this app I didn’t have to yell at her at all.
My 3 kids now LOVE to brush their teeth!
I have 3 children- 4, 8, 11. I’m not a big advocate for young children using technology on a more than occasional basis and especially not close to bedtime but I will tell you that I LOVE this app. It’s not perfect...but my kids love brushing their teeth now so 500 stars and I like that I can customize a profile for each child. Not the best technique and it always says its bedtime but that’s so minimal when it really gets them brushing HAPPILY for at least 2 minutes and they can’t wait to brush their teeth. They actually fight over it so we have them take turns to brush on their own so they can concentrate and then they all get together for the game and prizes part. This app foster a great habit and it’s especially effective because enjoy it so much!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Big Fun Development Corporation
- 150 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 5.1.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 6–8
- © 2015-2017 GamesThatWork
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription $0.99
- Lifetime Purchase $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.