BTT Remote (BTT stands for BetterTouchTool) is a great remote control for your Mac. It allows you to take almost full control over your Mac and all the apps installed on it.
BTT Remote is free, however it requires BetterTouchTool running on your Mac (you can download a 45 day trial from www.bttremote.com)
Your iPhone must be in the same WiFi network as your Mac, enterprise networks may not work.
Note: BTT Remote will not work with Microsoft Windows
• Includes a nice trackpad to control your Mac's mouse cursor. The trackpad also supports basic multitouch gestures
• Remotely type or dictate text to your Mac
• Remotely access media keys from your Mac's keyboard (play/pause, change the volume, change the brightness for internal and external displays, etc. )
• Remotely access and use any app's menubar
• Configure global actions that work in every application.
• Assign custom icons to each action you configure.
• Configure arbitrary app specific actions for any application you want. With those actions you can control almost anything on your Mac. If you want to see what is possible please checkout BetterTouchTool first.
• Browse your file system (e.g. to start a movie or application while lying in bed)
• Transfer files (up to 6 MB) from your Mac to your iPhone and view them or share them there.
• Navigate between different applications
• Ability to increase cursor size and zoom the screen for convenient control while e.g. sitting on your couch.
• The iPhone version is designed to allow full control with only one hand
• Supports portrait and landscape mode
• Many settings to customize the app
• Very easy to use
Please use the built-in feedback reporter to submit any bug, feature request or idea you have.
- Fixed an issue with Japanese text input
- Some small dark mode fixes
- Various small bugfixes and iPhone X improvements
Ratings and Reviews
You're laying on your bed, watching Netflix across the room. You feel cozy and at peace. When suddenly, a popup appears on your computer....
We've all been there. And this is the tragic truth. We must get out of our very comfort to enjoy your media. A sacrifice we all agonize... Until now. BTT Remote has landed; stationed at your hand. With a flick of a finger, YOU can control your computer in infinite amount of ways! It will make your quality of life the most blissful state you can ever imagine.
Buy it. Feel it. Caress it. Love it.... This decision shall never be regretted, thy generations over centuries will be at peace, thankful for serendipity.
Wouldn’t recommend but PHENOMENAL IDEA!?!
Unfortunately, for years now, that’s all it has ever been!?! We’ve been asking for a completely customizable app. So that, to each their own, needs and uses could be meet. Choosing what features we absolutely need most and what we most definitely don’t.. man I wish I could get rid of the trackpad, keyboard, etc. B.S, that is of no use to me and make a GIANT slate (or pages) with my personal hotkeys, rather than the thin list that’s available and not practical when scrolling through a list... I am really bummed with this app. As I had such high expectations fo it compared to the software. Unfortunately, I don’t see the dev ever implementing this smooth GUI into this app. because many users have requested this feature no for years, with no response... truly a bummer that a great idea just falls short for the rest of us artist. Therefore, I wouldn’t recommend this to anyone with serious expectations in creating your own personalized colorful giant visible buttons, only those who care about basic trackpad and keyboard functionality..
Update causing volume issues
Latest release on the iPhone X causes the volume of the iPhone to drop to one bar upon launching very time. Then controlling the remote computer using the iPhone volume keys is unresponsive many times getting stuck on high volume but not responding to volume down button. Also any custom volume control brings up the mouse cursor and playback controls in video apps.
Also still waiting for the this feature below.
Please add auto display off when putting phone face down as Mouse Pro does. Really useful when watching a show and being able to turn volume up and down while having the phone face down on couch and on while the screen is off to save battery and screen. Nice to have the phone on so one can always quickly change volume when needed.
- folivora.AI GmbH
- 6.3 MB
Requires iOS 10 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © folivora.AI GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- BTT Remote PRO $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.