Working on fractions? Try a factoring game.
This seemingly simple arcade-style game features hand-drawn animated characters, classical music, a soothing underwater world, and a critically important educational mission. It’s a real game, not a thinly disguised quiz or flash cards. It creates a powerful metaphor between how the bubbles behave, and how numbers work.
Originally intended as a simple, healthy, math game for kids, clever Bubbly Primes players have repurposed it as:
- A classroom activity.
- A family quality-time game.
- A brain training exercise for adults.
Bubbly Primes is a non-violent game, with no ads, and no in-app purchases.
Once installed, it also doesn’t require internet access — it’s an offline game.
- “A really fun game that teaches kids about prime numbers and factoring,” - The Parenting Beyond Discipline podcast.
How To Play
For a video, search for “How To Play Bubbly Primes”. It really only takes a few seconds to figure out the basic game.
- Tap “Start” to begin.
- Tap bubbles that contain composite numbers (numbers you can factor).
- As bubbles pop apart your score goes up.
- Keep popping them until they’re broken down to prime numbers.
- As prime numbers get to the top, they raise your score.
- Avoid tapping prime number bubbles. If you do, they’ll darken and fall to the bottom, lowering your score.
- As your score rises, playful critters appear.
- You can tap critters to change what they do.
- You can tap the water to make waves that move bubbles or critters.
- When a non-prime “composite” number gets to the top, it turns reddish and it’s too late to factor it.
- You can get rid of escaped bubbles by successfully factoring a rising bubble with the same number.
- Each time you achieve a new level, all escaped bubbles will go away, and you will get points for bubbles in the water.
- When five composites escape to the top, the round ends.
- If your score is one of the five highest, you can enter your name, and choose a critter for its symbol.
Do you know the factors of 117 yet? The more you play, the more amazing your number skills will become.
Nuhubit is a trademark of Nuhubit Software Studios LLC
This minor update includes modernizations, internal improvements, and bug fixes.
The only game-play change that many users might notice is that Xrympy now swims across the screen in both directions.
Ratings and Reviews
I bought two copies of this game. One for myself, and one for my daughter. My daughter “HATES” math. That’s a quote. The game is fun. It has cool characters and great sound-effects (sort of like the satisfying sound of popping the bubbles in bubble-wrap). My daughter and her two friends play the game now a lot. Really a lot. My daughter is now getting scores that are way higher than my scores. I’m sure I could do better if I practiced more. On the other hand, she is not really practicing. She would never practice. She is playing. I guess that’s the whole idea. We need more games like this!
So Fun and Educational!
I get mesmerized when I play this game. It's amazing how quickly one can start learning which numbers are primes. It's also relaxing to play because it's very dance like and I just keep wanting to play more and more!
This is such a good way for children and adults to learn their prime numbers. I highly recommend purchasing this and having it on your phone or iPad.
Bubbly Primes makes me smile!
When I see the kids playing Bubbly Prime, I smile, because I know how much it helps their math. I enjoy playing it too. It's convenient to play on the phone whenever there's a few minutes here or there, but it's even better on the iPad. I really like the little characters in the game. And, did you know 87 is 29 x 3? I certainly didn't before, but now I do.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Nuhubit Software Studios LLC
- 32.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- 4+, Made for Ages 9–11
- © 2018 Nuhubit Software Studios LLC
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.