It is easier to develop good spending habits with your future mapped out in front of you. This is the premise of Budget Forward, a financial planning assistant that focuses on the future. Create and execute a long term financial plan to take control of your finances and reduce uncertainty.
Budget Forward is not opinionated and can therefore be used alongside many popular budgeting methods. So whether you use buckets, envelopes, zero-based or have your own methodology, Budget Forward can be your ultimate timesaver due to its low maintenance design.
If you have ever tried to use a spreadsheet to budget, you will find that Budget Forward is a fast and powerful alternative with far more ability to use future recurrence to simulate your outcomes.
The declarative design allows you to build and refine a plan over time and even make large changes effortlessly. You can get started with a basic outline of your income and spending and build it up to be an all inclusive financial plan incorporating longer term goals and daily spending of allowances. The more information you add, the more accurately you can plan for the future.
Discover more at https://budgetforward.app
• Privacy first. No account requirement, no bank connection necessary. All of your data stays on your devices.
• You can share your plan with others via iCloud for easy collaboration.
• With no recurring subscription or limits on plans, accounts or goals, Budget Forward gives incredible long term value for a one-off purchase.
• Designed to minimise the ongoing entry of data.
• Help is available throughout the app and online
• Smart reminders only notify you when information is required.
• Create as many plans as you like. You could have one for your family spending and a separate plan for your personal goals.
• Instantly duplicate a plan to compare potential changes. Great for planning job changes, having children or retirement.
• Multiple window support on iPad allows you to split screen your current plan with your alternate.
• Use the visually interactive timeline to smoothly navigate a simulation of the future.
• Available balance for each account will show you how much you can utilise without affecting future budgeted items and goals.
• Interest on accounts, both positive and negative, is simulated to get the most accurate projection of your plan.
• Offset accounts can also be simulated so that you can see the overall impact this has on your plan.
• Pocket accounts allow you to segregate funds in your accounts for specific uses such as allowances and goals.
• Allowances can be created to track regular spending.
• Ideal for grocery shopping, fuel and irregular or less predictable bills.
• Budgets are simulated against your accounts giving you the most accurate possible timeline of your financial transactions.
• Budget rings give you a visualisation of your income compared to your expenses and highlight the potential you have to achieve
goals outside of your budget.
• Powerful recurrence options allow you to create many complex patterns to simulate when your transactions occur as accurately as possible.
• See every one of your budgeted expenses as a percentage of your total income.
• Sort your items by value, name, category, budget or type.
• Choose from 4 built-in goal types: Savings, Repay Credit Card, Repay Loan and Offset Loan.
• Instantly adapt to any changes made to your spending, income or other goals.
• Our powerful simulator will project the exact date a goal will be achieved if you stick to your plan.
• Drag and drop to prioritise your goals.
• Create complex distribution of funds to your goals, even spanning multiple bank accounts.
• Fine tune the amount of income allocated towards a goal by adjusting its share.
After an unprecedented amount of time locked down in Melbourne, we are happy to finally release version 2 of Budget Forward.
▲ New visual design, including much better coordination of Timeline colours.
▲ The timeline can now be compressed into weeks and months to visualise longer periods.
▲ All new Spending screen to gather accounts you regularly use for spending.
▲ App now can be locked with FaceID or TouchID where available.
▲ Sharing of plans is now possible for those of you with iOS 15.
▲ News feed on the Plans screen to discover news and tutorials.
▲ Events screen now has filter options and calendar date selection.
▲ Many bugs have been squashed in the making of this product (but no animals were injured)
Ratings and Reviews
Development seems dead
Since iOS 14.5 I can no longer open allocations without the app crashing. Sometimes clicking on an account or a goal will crash the app. Some budgets will constantly randomly resort and clicking into a budget will sometimes cause the app to take me back a few pages. WhenI start a new month some allocations will have more money than they should while others didn’t gain any. Since I can go into an allocation I can’t see what is going on. I find the app very useful and insightful.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Monagle Pty Ltd
- 11.7 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2021 Monagle Pty Ltd
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.