Budget Touch uses the envelope model of budgeting. Set aside money for your standard expenses, then know how much you have left to enjoy.
Enter your expenses, and view your account and envelope balances while on the go. You can also get reports, see graphs, list your transactions, and much more.
Budget Touch can be used stand alone or synced with the desktop version of Budget (Mac or Windows) via WiFi. When used together Budget and Budget Touch are an unbeatable combination to help you manage your money, stay out of debt, and save for the fun things in life.
- Beautiful and fluid interface on iPad takes full advantage of the large screen.
- Password protected with strong AES-128 encryption of your data.
- Fast transaction entry: Select from a list of previous entries or type a new entry, enter an amount, and touch save. It's that simple.
- Transaction support for deposits, checks, debits, ATM, charges, refunds, and credit card payments.
- Create transactions in single envelopes or split them between multiple envelopes.
- Enter your income to a single envelope or use the split deposit to manually distribute it.
- Transfer money between envelopes or accounts.
- View transactions in accounts or envelopes.
- Organize your transactions by month, quarter, or year.
- Create as many bank accounts, credit card accounts, envelopes and envelope groups as you want to categorize your expenses.
- Customize your accounts and envelopes with built in icons.
- Set spending limits for your envelopes and see graphically how you are doing.
- See account balances, envelope balances, net balances, and a running balance with your transactions.
- Bank accounts can be reconciled (balanced) against bank statements.
- Get graphs and reports for expenses, deposits, budgets, and many more.
- Export your data via email in either tab-separated, QIF or OFX format.
- Export reports in HTML format.
- Print reports on iOS 4.2 or later.
Pay Source System (Paid Add On)
- Define your income and have Budget Touch calculate how much to put towards each envelope.
- Automatically distribute your income to your envelopes.
Recurring Transactions (Paid Add On)
- Schedule future transactions and be reminded when they are due.
- App icon is badged to show the number of due or overdue transactions. On iOS 4 and later, the badge is updated even when Budget Touch is not running.
US English, British English, partial German translation
Compatible with iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
Requires iOS 4.3 or later
Sync with Mac requires Budget v6.3 or later
Sync with Windows requires Budget v5.0 or later
Support for iOS 13 and dark mode.
Fixed a crash while trying to export if no mail accounts are set up on the device.
Fixed some memory leaks and other minor issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Love the desktop version but needs a little ore
I have been using the desktop version of Budget for a few years now. I really love the program but the major downfall of this app is that you can't sync between devices unless you have the program open and are hooked up to wifi. I admit I don't use this app as much as I probably should but the fact is that when I am out and about and I spend money from one category and my husband spends money from that same category, there is no way to sync that envelope. Every month I have to make major adjustments to my envelopes because we overspent in different categories. I am not at my desktop every day and usually only balance my desktop budget about every two weeks. I started using another budgeting app (YNAB) that syncs between devices in real-time, but the features in that other program seem elementary compared to the Budget desktop version. I would definitely give it 5+ stars if there was a way to sync between my phone and my husband's phone.
I've been using this app for almost two years. We do a monthly budget every month, and this app enables us to manage our money within the budget. I used various excel spreadsheets and tried several other apps before settling on this one. It does everything we need for it to do. It is customizable, and it syncs between our desktop, laptop and iPads. We have been following the Dave Ramsey plan for over four years, and this app has been very instrumental in helping us reach our goals. I've never written an app review before, but this app is truly outstanding. Love, love, love it!
Edited 05/16: I have now gone from Windows to Mac version. The Mac version required a little time to learn, but it is even better than the Windows version which I thought was awesome. Now set up with three bank accounts, and it works great. I have contacted support a few times during the transition, and the support is wonderful.
This app could use a graphical update to take advantage of the iPhone X. It’s been over three years since the last update. Love to see an option to make the font size smaller. The app works fine but I think the developers have either all died or quit their jobs. So much for free updates for life. LOL
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Snowmint Creative Solutions LLC
- 7.2 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Snowmint Creative Solutions LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pay Source System $1.99
- Recurring Transactions $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.