Critically acclaimed personal budget app / personal finance app that's easy to use, feature-rich and beautiful! Back in Black is the #1 finance app in Canada and has ranked in the Top 50 overall!
• "Back in Black does it all, and it does it damn well." - BeautifulPixels.com
• "the approach is remarkably well thought out and easy to use" - Appstorm.net
• "a real gem of a finance tracker!" - Five Star review at Appdictions.com
• "four out of five rating for it's fantastic looks and rock-solid functionality" - theiPhoneAppReview.com
• "If you are in need of an app to help you manage a budget and actually keep on track with it, then look no further." - appadvice.com
• "The app is intuitive and focuses on only the necessities of personal financing." – Five star review from WhatsoniPhone.com
• Budgeting based on the 'envelope method'
• As simple or as in-depth as you want
• Set reminders and track your payments
• Set financial goals and track your progress
• Supports local currency symbols and conventions
• Budget rolls over on the first day of the new month
• Passcode protection
• Roll over unused income into the next month
• Pie graphs
• Syncing (in app purchase)
• Customizable budget periods
• Daily motivational quotes and advice
• NEW! Widget for quickly entering purchases from the Today screen
Back in Black will help you understand and take control of your personal finances, one month at a time. It boils your finances down to the essentials: how much money you earn and spend every month, and where your money is going, to get you Back in the Black!
• Visit BackinBlack.mobi for full FEATURE list •
▸ Enter by frequency, organize and track
▸ Create, add notes and organize by categories
▸ Select from 140 icons for categories
▸ Enter expenses by frequency
▸ Set reminders for payments
▸ View totals per category and overall
▸ Select from preset goals or create your own
▸ Add a snapshot of your goal from your camera or library
▸ Set your goals by goal date, total amount, and monthly installment that works for you
▸ Open-ended saving lets you decide how much you want to save each month
▸ Set reminders to when installments are due
▸ Adjust at any time and your payments will automatically recalculate
▸ Create, organize and set spending limits by categories
▸ Select from a preset list of spending categories or create your own
▸ Select from 140 icons for categories
▸ Quickly and easily enter new purchases and add notes or adjust date
▸ View totals per category and total spent/total remaining
▸ Quick view of budget balance for past months
▸ Review budget details from previous months and adjust
▸ Set reminders for Fixed Expenses or Goal due dates
▸ Reminders lets you view reminders and keep track of payments
▸ Backup your entire budget in one tap and easily restore
▸ Email the backup file to yourself for safekeeping
▸ Keep multiple versions of your budget
Customizable Budget Periods
▸ Choose between Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Semi-Monthly, or Monthly budgeting
▸ Set the starting date of your budget periods
• SUPPORT: getsatisfaction.com/fissionmedia
Fixed backup file import from email.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I've had his app for 1.5 years. It's ok
I use this app while living financially under the principals of Dave Ramsey. It's pretty good for the purpose but doesn't roll over the unused money in the categories, you have to do it manually. Also it's never updated.
Lastly it's stopped syncing both my wife and I use it for that purpose if this issue isn't corrected we will move to another app.
Great app--requires some functionality options
I've been using this for a few months now. Very nice look to the app, with its layout and color scheme fitting well together. Accessibility is great, too, having all the important information--including adding a transaction and total spending for the month--all on the main page.
A few imrpovements I have yet to see and have contacted the developers about:
-I find the Goals feature unusable. I do not like that it will automatically add it to my month without me actually validating that I did save that money. An option to show me what I need to do but let me 'check' off when I do contribute to that goal would be nice. To control this, I don't use Goals at all and instead fit them into the Fixed Expenses category.
-Still with Goals, it would be nice to have a feature that would allow me to make additional payments to the goal over and above just the set monthly one. when paying my student loan, I'd like to use some leftover money at the end of the month toward the goal. However, I cannot reflect this in the Goals section because it is set. Also, with student loans, interest needs to be calculated, and the Goals section does not offer any way to do so. Thus, the amount I owe and my monthly payments are different after 6 months, and it is a HUGE hassle to edit the goal and change this. So, once again, I only use Fixed Expenses for these sorts of things.
5 stars are not enough.
I can't believe this is a free app. Very intuitive and beautiful. It keeps things simple which is why it works so well. Budgeting isn't rocket science but it needs done. Back in Black has made spend tracking much less of a chore for me. Thanks!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Fission Media Group Inc.
- 21.8 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © Fission Media Group Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- 1 Year Syncing Subscription $2.99
- 6 Month Syncing Subscription $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.