Tired of living payday to payday? Can't get out of debt? Try a better way to manage your bank account(s). Budget is based on the tried and true envelope method of budgeting. It's a much easier way to see where your money is, where it's needed, and where it went.
Budget can be used stand alone or synced with Budget Touch on iOS devices. When used together Budget and Budget Touch are an unbeatable combination to help you manage your money, stay out of debt, and save for the fun things in life.
- Set a password to protect your financial data with industry standard AES-128 encryption.
- Fast transaction entry: Select from a list of previous entries or type a new entry, enter an amount, and click Record. It's that simple.
- Transaction support for deposits, checks, debits, ATM, charges, refunds, and credit card payments.
- Create transactions in single envelopes or split them between multiple envelopes.
- Enter your income to a single envelope or use the split deposit to manually distribute it.
- Transfer money between envelopes or accounts.
- Import OFX or QIF files from your bank for even less data entry; set up rules to help assign imported transactions to the correct envelope.
- Create as many bank accounts, credit card accounts, envelopes and envelope groups as you want to categorize your expenses.
- Customize your accounts and envelopes with built in icons.
- Set spending limits for your envelopes and see graphically how you are doing.
- See account balances, envelope balances, net balances, and a running balance with your transactions.
- Bank accounts can be reconciled (balanced) against bank statements.
- Get graphs and reports for expenses, deposits, budgets, and many more.
- Export your data in either tab-separated, QIF or OFX format.
- Export reports in plain text or PDF format.
- Define your income and have Budget calculate how much to put towards each envelope.
- Automatically distribute your income to your envelopes.
- If needed, prioritize and distribute deposits to envelopes using a powerful rule based system.
- iCal and Address Book integration.
US English, British English, partial Spanish, French, German, Italian and Polish translations
It's bug fix time:
- main window transaction list can be sorted once again by clicking the column headers
- fixed a crash during sync or saving a file
- no longer write bad data to XML files when copy/pasting text into transaction fields
- fixed a bug when printing some reports
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Saved Our Household Budget
The envelope method is nothing new, but this app perfects it. I started using Budget about 4 years ago, and it has literally saved us so much. No longer are we sitting at the end of the month wondering where all of our earnings went. No longer are we struggling to come up with money for those annual payments. Budgets allows us to plan for everything, even saving! I do with they would continue to update this product, and there are a few minor bugs when using across platforms. Well worth the money. You won’t regret it.
Works great for me.
I’ve been using this application for almost 10 years now? It’s essential to my understanding of what is going on with my money. Once a month I sit down, balance all my accounts and can make decisions about payements and budeting to the penny and ultimately gain a great deal of confidence out of understanding what is where. Because of this I don’t rally think of my accounts or money during the rest of the month which is a huge releif honestly. My suggestion if you are starting out with the Envelope Method, I recall it taking a few months to really get the hang of things but I have not regretted it.
Flexible, Works as Advertised
Relatively easy to set up, but takes about 30 minutes to figure out how to fill buckets--needs to be better clarified in instructions. You can set up a budget based on your checkbook, or outside the checkbook as a debit account---great when you are sharing expenses and don't want to wash them through your personal checking account. Once filled, it is easy to move money from one bucket to another using the "Available" or any other envelope that has a positive balance. Hasn't crashed yet---using MacBook Air, OSX 10.8.2.
- Snowmint Creative Solutions LLC
- 12.1 MB
OS X 10.6.6 or later, 64-bit processor
English, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2019 Snowmint Creative Solutions LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.