From the creators of N.Y.Zombies comes an all new blend of action, adventure, castle defense, and role playing elements! Master up to nine legendary Bug Heroes, including a sword wielding Spider assassin, an armored Beetle warrior, a machine gun toting Ant engineer, and more! Shoot, slice, dice, and bash your enemies with a variety of skills, abilities and equipment. Stockpile food, fortify your base, and defend it from hordes of hungry bugs. Explore a variety of familiar landscapes from an all new miniature perspective, collecting food, coins and other items. Enter Bug Heroes, an epic fantasy world you never knew existed!
Ranked one of the top iOS games of 2011 (metacritic.com)!!
"...it's going to be really hard to ever find a way to enjoy a typical dual-stick shooter again."
"One part castle defense, two parts dual stick shooter, and a dash of RPG; Bug Heroes is the most interesting blend of iPhone gaming I’ve see since Infinity Blade."
"Bug Heroes has slick presentation, charm, and lasting appeal... In my opinion this is one of those games that defines the iOS platform for gamers."
"Without a doubt, Bug Heroes is the year's first must-have release."
- A seamless blend of action, adventure, castle defense, and role playing elements!
- 10 unique Bug Heroes to play as, each with different strengths, weaknesses, equipment, and personalities. Choose any 3 heroes to take into battle!
- Level-up your Bug Heroes, increase their skills, and customize them with a huge variety of equipment and abilities!
- Melee and ranged combat. Slice your enemies with swords, swat bugs off of ledges or into walls, and blast them from long range with rifles and machine guns!
- Scour the lands for food, then defend your food stash from hordes of hungry bugs. Build turrets and fortify your base!
- Optional, randomized side quests for even more depth and re-playability!
- Over 50 unique enemy types, ranging from tiny fleas to giant snails. Detailed "Insectopedia" for background info and strategies on every single enemy!
- Multiple profiles and game saves, tons of achievements, and online leaderboards!
- Supports all devices, old and new. Enjoy crisp retina graphics on the iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4g!
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, and for all news on upcoming updates, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @FoursakenMedia!
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
• 64 bit support
Ratings and Reviews
Clever, Invigorating, and Fun
I know this is an older game, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun. I am very happy that this is still on the App Store. When I was younger, it was on our second generation iPod and I loved it. I didn't think it would still be in the App Store, but when I recently downloaded it again on a different, much newer device, it worked just as well as it did on the old iPod, to my appreciation. My only complaint, that isn't even a complaint really, just a suggestion, is that when spider does her jump and slice close up move, two of her legs stay on the ground while her body is in the air. You may want to fix that, but it isn't a big deal if you don't. I have yet to try Bug Heroes 2, but I am looking forward to when I do!
Pretty much the best, most entertaining game on the App Store. I’ve had this game for years and have played it relentlessly. I would give this game 5 stars as it is the perfect RPG with such depth and it’s unique little world and style. I honestly think it outshines big heroes 2, but mostly in the music and simplicity departments. So many good memories. Thanks forsaken media for keeping this awesome bug battling game running for every new iOS system.
Bug who’s is such a great game and there’s nothing better that feeling of nostalgia. It brings back so many great memories. Just as amazing as I remember it! I know this game has been around for a while and the graphics aren’t the best but Skyrim doesn’t have the best graphics either and look at how great of a game that is! Please take a chance on the game and enjoy.
Ps devs keep updating
The developer, Foursaken Media, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Foursaken Media
- 203.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © 2011 Foursaken Media
- In-App Purchases
- Locked 'n Loaded $0.99
- Death From Above $0.99
- The Grandmasters $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.