* "It is clear this app was created by those that understand learning and for those of an appropriate age it is a must-have."- AppAdvice
* "This is great for first grade spelling practice. I like the fact that you can break the words down into the different lists and I really appreciate being able to add in my own words."-The iPhone Mom
* "repetition of audio prompt helps with hearing and remembering the word and sounds" – Tech&Learning
* "This app is also great for special education students who need modified lists. This app is highly engaging and wonderful for students." – Instructional Technology Integration Partnership OHIO
* Recommended and downloaded by schools worldwide
* Contains over 1200 English words (Dolch's Sight Word List and more) +create your own list
UNIQUE FEATURES BENEFICIAL TO COMMON CORE PEDAGOGY:
► custom-made spelling-word lists (type in the new word and record your voice)!
► SHARE custom spelling lists to other iPads, iPhones... using e-mail, Google Drive, or DropBox
►1200 existing spelling words in categories (word families): phonemic, and semantic
► HISTORY keeps track of student’s progress (customization per student possible)
► audio and/or visual prompt
► PROFESSIONAL narration or child’s narration
► optional Montessori-style color coding vowels and consonants
► upper or lower case letters
► four modes: Learn, Practice, GAMES and Test (quiz)
► immediate sound feedback upon tapping correct/incorrect letter
► child proof SETTINGS button
► positive reinforcement lowers affective filters making learning a more engaging and enjoyable process
► ACCESSIBILITY options for VISUALLY impaired and those struggling with fine motor skills
► custom made features for special needs students
► for PHONICS narration download our other spelling app: Build A Word - Easy Spelling With Phonics
► watch video: http://youtu.be/-__mVxHC8L4
Advantage for Special Need Students:
* option of blank background helps students focus on letters only
* option to choose high-contrast background for visually impaired students
* answer method: drag&drop or simple tap
* big letter cards easy to spot
* no frustration: visual and audio prompts in the Learn Mode lead the student step by step through the correct spelling process
* any number of redundant letters: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
* repetition of audio prompt helps with hearing and remembering the word and letters
The underlying pedagogical methodology for this application is to teach students letters as well as to teach them how to combine letters into words. A student is offered either/both a visual prompt or/and audio prompt to "write" a word. The word is to be ‘written’ by dragging appropriate letters one at a time in the designated slot in the correct order. Success is rewarded by a short fun game.
@Reks (aka AtReks) Apps are designed in compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule (COPPA).
- Does NOT contain ads.
- Does NOT contain in-app purchases.
- Does NOT contain integration with social networks.
- Does NOT use analytics / data collection tools.
- Does include links to apps by @Reks in the iTunes App Store hidden in the settings section behind child-proof settings button.
- Thank you!
Bug that prevented creation of custom lists on iOS 10 resolved.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Custom words needs help
The canned words are good. The audio is fairly clear as well. The custom words needs more work. I was unable to figure out how to edit or remove custom words. I will give 5 stars when this is fixed!
I have only had this app for 20 minutes or so, but my daughter has been playing it for that whole time! The voice is nice and clear and you can easily understand what words they are saying. I like how it repeats the letter names and the word, but if I had one request it would be that it sounded out the word at some point. I would like for her to learn that the letters make sounds to make up the word, not just memorize the letters to make up the words. Thanks for a great app and I look forward to updates, hopefully containing letter sounds! :)
Awesome App for early elementary
My kids love this app. Makes spelling fun. I like that it has lists for each grade level from pre-k to 3rd grade. Kids can learn, practice, and take tests. It also keeps track of test scores. You can also make your own customized lists for words the kids are learning in school. Just create the list, add the word and record your pronunciation of the word. Just like that you have a customized test your kids can do narrated by mom and dad!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.