**Top 30 Favorite Free Apps at http://www.smartappsforkids.com
**Good App of the Day at http://www.smartappsforkids.com
**Dolch's Sight Word List and more +create your own SPELLING lists**
*** Option: Spelling Lists vs. Phonics Spelling Lists ***
► custom-made spelling-word lists (type in the new word and record your voice)!
► SHARE custom spelling lists to other iPads, iPhones... using e-mail, Google Drive, or DropBox
► Built-In Phonics Lists focusing on word families
► Built-In Spelling Lists focusing on Long Vowels, Short Vowels, …, Dolch’s Word Lists (Primer, …)
► HISTORY keeps track of student’s progress (customization per student possible)
►audio and/or visual prompt
► PROFESSIONAL narration or child’s narration
► 5 educational GAMES in addition to three modes: Learn, Practice and Test (quiz)
► upper or lower case letters
► optional Montessori-style color coding of vowels and consonants
► immediate sound feedback heard upon tapping the correct/incorrect letter
► positive reinforcement lowers affective filters making learning a more engaging and enjoyable process
► ACCESSIBILITY options to for VISUALLY impaired and those struggling with fine motor skills
► optional custom made features for special needs students
► child proof SETTINGS button
Build A Word Spelling Express helps students as young as three learn how to spell. Students are motivated through positive reinforcement in the form of a fun balloon popping game (optional) offered after each successfully "written" word.
Advantage for Special Need Students:
* option of using blank background helps children focus on letters only
* option to choose high-contrast background for visually impaired
* option to choose answer method: drag&drop or simple tap
* the letters are easy to spot due to big letter cards
* no frustration since visual and audio prompts in the Learn Mode lead the child step by step through the correct spelling process
*the right spelling technique becomes salient since the app leads the child step by step through spelling allowing dragging one letter at a time in the correct order
* choose any number of redundant letters: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
* wrong letters become obvious with the help of immediate sound feedback heard after tapping the wrong letter
* repetition of audio prompt helps with hearing and remembering the word and letters
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
User Interface improvements,
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I gave this app 3 stars because while it has potential, I found that saying a vowel in correctly does not help but only hinder a child's learning. The "u" sound when seen as an isolated sound as in "truck" does not say "oo" as in "too," so why pose it as such? I know it is difficult for developers to produce these unique sounds, but the vowels are actually the most important part of a word. When we teach children with apraxia we start and shape the vowels. We don't work on consonants first. Maybe if you could add different "u's" with lip postures, that would be helpful. I just found it annoying that "truck" would actually be "trook" and it will confuse a child who is just learning how all the sounds fit together for reading.
Can’t get voice to record
Paid the extra money to customize list and record my kids spelling words but it doesn’t work....:/
I paid for the ability to create my own list but it doesn’t work because you can’t hear the recorded word. How do I get a refund?
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- natasa gajic
- 59.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © @Reks
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Custom Spelling Lists $1.99
- Unlock All Phonics Word Lists $1.99
- Unlock All Spelling Lists $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.