Builder's Helper MAX 4+
Construction Calculator +
My Pie Interactive
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
The most advanced, feature-rich, intuitive & user-friendly construction app available is BACK, Rebuilt from the ground up for modern devices, with universal support for both iPhone and iPad!
With its easy-to-use layout & features, it is capable of handling even the most demanding construction projects, and blows expensive stand-alone construction calculators out of the water at a fraction of the cost!
Whether an experienced tradesman or novice DIYer, you will find Carpenter’s Helper the perfect companion for every project, in the office and in the field.
• Calculator: Includes all of the features you would expect to find on an advanced Construction Calculator, but redesigned and optimized for the touch screen.
Easily calculate linear, square & cubic measurements in English (Yards, Feet, Inches, Inch Fractions [up to x/128”]) & Metric (Millimeters, Centimeters, Meters), and convert easily between the two unit modes with a convenient [E/M] toggle.
Store & recall triangular measurements to calculate roof pitch, rafter lengths, stair lengths, and more with the convenient [Pitch], [Rise], [Run] and [Diagonal] buttons. When any 2 values are stored, the other 2 are generated automatically!
The [Tape] feature keeps an easy-to-read list of your calculations for error-checking, while the Memory Bank feature allows you to Add, Subtract, and recall stored values with a running ticker displayed in the LCD area.
Plus we just added a NEW Quick-List feature, which allows you to label and store often-used values for quicker entry into your equation!
• Notepad: Keep important notes within one tap of your calculator, supporting multiple pages and exporting to PDF.
Create lists of data in Text-Only, Simplified, or Detailed lists, and store in organized Projects. Useful for take-offs, estimating, budgets, material lists, etc. Lists can even be tabulated to include running totals on the bottom!
Not only does it keep track of important project info & create powerful lists, but you can also store project documents (like budgets, contracts, plans, etc.) & images (either by attaching images from you photo library or taking new ones).
And of course you can Print or export your Project data via email as a PDF!
• Quick-Jobs: Graphical interface to easily calculate all kinds of construction projects, large or small. With just a few known parameters, Quick-Jobs will automatically fill-in and calculate the rest of the project for you.
These Quick-Jobs are included:
-Fencing (Imperial-Mode Only)
-Decking (Imperial-Mode Only)
-Wall Framing (Imperial-Mode Only)
-Board Feet Calc. (Imperial-Mode Only)
You can also export all of your QJ data to be included with a Project, or export separately.
With Builder’s Helper, you’ll always have the calculating power you need on you, every time you need it. And with all of the additional features, you’ll be able to take estimating, take-offs, & on-site job performance to a whole new level!
Bug fixes and feature enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Simplest construction calculator with the most functions
This, hands down, is the best construction calculator I’ve ever come across. It’s more powerful than a Construction Master Pro Calculator, and much more intuitive to use.
I used this app to build a very complicated house that was round on the outside, with four different radial lengths, and angled, segmented inner walls, and this app made it (almost) seem simple. Each rafter had a different slope and length, yet was easy to calculate. For this house I needed the construction calculator, plus several of the “Quick Job” this app boasts, including Rafters, Stairs, Columns/Cones, Arc/Circle, Concrete, Wall Framing and Drywall.
It also worked great for calculating materials needed, concrete yardage, and so much more.
The layout of the calculator side by side with their “Quick Jobs” on an iPad is so simple and easy that I almost prefer it to having it on my phone, and yet the convenience of always having this powerful tool ready in my pocket means I will always have this on both.
The developers seem to want to make a truly great and useful calculator that can serve a general contractor and also many of the other trades.
It’s a good app but...
As a Project Manager I absolutely love the idea of this app but there are a few things I have an issue with:
1. Issues with Crashing - This is the most crucial out of all the issues. During the process of filling out quick jobs and saving, there is a significant amount of crashing to where I am having to start over. Obviously when time is of the essence, this is a problem.
2. Quick jobs - Example: Let’s say I have drywall, painting and flooring for a single room. Well it would be lovely that when after filling out the proper fields that I can save all trades under one field rather than Saving each individual trade into the project.
3. When using the notepad; you have very limited space so technically there is not enough area to type on each sheet. Example: When typing from left to right of the notepad, you get a little over half of the notepad before it moves to the next line.
SIDE NOTE: I did notice that if you save to the project then make an additional edit you will have more space to type.
Device: IPad Pro 12.9 (4th Generation)
So far these are the issues that I have noticed. If any other issues arise I will make a note. Other than that, the idea of this app is a remarkable tool in the field. I know like every product there are trial and errors. That being said here they are and I hope that they get fixed.
Technical support is free to contact me pertaining to these issues.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your input, and we will definitely look into the crashing issues you are experiencing!
Unfortunately we are not given any contact info to be able to reach you directly, so please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (or use the Send Feedback option in the “More” tab within the app). We would love to hear more regarding your issues so we can continue to improve your BH Max experience.
I love builders helper
This app has saved me so much time over the many years that I have had
It in my tool bags. I’m so stoked that they released an updated version. These guys have thought out all the Jon site head scratcher problems and made an easy to use interface to figure out what you need.
Save yourself time and headache and buy this app!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- My Pie Interactive
- 74.2 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2017 My Pie Interactive
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack $12.99
- Pro Calculator $4.99
- Construction Pack $4.99
- Estimating Pack $4.99
- Project Management $4.99
- Quick-Job: Wall Framing $0.99
- Quick-Job: Decking $0.99
- Quick-Job: Roofing $0.99
- Quick-Job: Fencing $0.99
- Quick-Job: Drywall $0.99