Shake your phone to alert your friends, family and security company to help you at your exact location. Now with an optional service in South Africa to get help from the nearest PSIRA-registered armed responder on the Aura network. AS SEEN ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!
- activate your panic by shaking your phone (app must be open in the background) or opening the app.
- your emergency contacts will receive an SMS notification with your actual location which is updated every 30 seconds. So you can get help, even if you can't speak or are on the move.
- your phone will start calling the emergency number you selected (such as the police or your security company).
- local app users will also receive an alert showing your location, photo and name (opt in feature).
- if you opt in to the Aura service (which is an in-app purchase) they will call you back within a minute and the nearest qualified emergency responder will be dispatched to your location. You can see their details, estimated arrival time and real-time location on the app. The Aura service only works in South Africa and although they have partner responders across South Africa, they may not necessarily be available near to you. You are contracting directly with Aura for this service. Please see http://aura-app.io/ for more info.
- receive local app user panic alerts (optional).
- receive notifications of crimes or suspicious activities near to you.
- easily report crimes and suspicious activities and automatically notify people in your community.
- view crime locations and hotspots on a map.
- allow us to track your location if you are going into a situation you are nervous about.
- record audio with one touch (to, for example, record an official soliciting a bribe).
- find and call the nearest police station.
- upload a "selfie" photo to help the police or your security company recognise you in an emergency situation.
- the app has national emergency numbers of more than 150 countries pre-loaded.
- generate data to combat crime.
The app works anywhere in the world and is free. Help detain criminals and deter crime by utilising the power of the community to #crowdfight crime. Please note that we don't actively respond to panic activations but if your security provider partners with us, they can use the app to do this.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Some minor bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Does not send SMS's
I like the idea of this app but at the moment it does not work as no SMS's are sent when the button is activated. I also cannot remove a number from the security company section. This app should be withdrawn until if is functioning correctly as you certainly cannot relay on this in an emergent if it does not work. Please rectify and them advise
I've downloaded the app, entered the details pressed save and the app closed. I reopened it and there was no information saved. I had to reenter three times and still not successful. Very annoying
Needs major improvement
Whenever I click the panic button without the SMS enabled it just doesn't call or send anything I also want it to be able to send it straight away after you confirm the panic if you have the SMS enabled
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- App Developer Studio Cc
- 25.1 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © App Developer Studio