The Bullet Journal® Companion 2.0 is designed from the ground up to help you get the most out of your BuJo® practice and your notebook. Version two is packed with the most requested features by the community.
• The Log - Quickly capture Tasks, Events, and Notes when away from your notebook.
• Library - Backup and Tag and search all your notebooks.
• Guide - Learn the how to Bullet Journal®.
• Reflection - Help form the powerful habit of reflection.
• Articles - Get inspired by the global community.
• Monthly prompts - Make sure you're prepared each month.
• Designed by Ryder Carroll, creator of the Bullet Journal® system.
NEW in version 2.0:
• Take pictures of all your pages.
• Back up your Bullet Journals to your Files app.
• Restore old notebooks on new devices.
• View reflections from months past.
• Redesigned reminders notifications.
• Log items expire after 72 hours.
• New views to organize your entire library of Bullet Journals.
• Now faster and more responsive.
• Numerous optimizations and bug fixes.
This app is NOT designed to replace your notebook. It is a companion FOR your notebook.
* Update: Library
Now when adding a notebook, you can select if it's and Edition1, 2, or custom notebook. Select page count and odd or even page numbers.
* Various fixes and optimizations
Ratings and Reviews
An important part of my day but could be even better
I love having this app, mainly as the missing link when I’m away from my physical journal. The reminds you reflect are nice as well. The majority of my use of the app is jotting down tasks and notes so I don’t forget them before I’m back with my journal. With that in mind, there are a few key improvements that could be made:
1. Give the option to disable animations. Sometimes waiting for the main screen to load in is maddening when I’m trying to ensure something is preserved before I forget it.
2. Light / Dark mode options. There seems to be no way to change the dark background, meaning that the app is difficult to use in bright sunlight.
3. Allow nesting when using the log.
Nice, but the long loading Animation every time!...
Whenever you want to log with this app away from your bullet journal, you'll have to wait for all the categories to slowly fade in from top to bottom which might be pretty but is hardly productive and efficient; for some reason the log is the last category instead of the first! So, you'll be waiting the longest if you want to do any logging! This... is very poor design, and makes the app cumbersome and frustrating to use even as just a 'companion'. Other than that, it's okay. It's pretty, minimalistic, smooth, and does what it's advertised to do. Is it worth the price tag though?.... It might be for you, but I'd warn you to investigate this app's flaws first before taking the plunge if you don't want to be immediately disappointed what feels like... a free very basic app designed to get you to buy official bullet journals (that's all the store category is for...).
Meh - Needs more for a paid app
I’d prefer the option to turn off the 48 hour time limit on what I’ve logged. What would work better for me is a prompted reminder at 48 hours to log in my bullet journal.
Being able to index my bullet journals is inter, but not useful enough for me. I might find it more interesting if I could take notes on that particular journal, what worked for me during that time period, and some major events or experiences. Like a summary of that time period in my life.
Being able to customize the look/colors would be nice, because I’m more likely to open an app more often if it’s visually appealing to me. Even have a few skin options would be good enough.
The log function should be the primary option either at the top, or in the form of a + symbol at an easy to access spot like many other apps use. I do appreciate that i can access the logging feature via a widget, but it should be easier to do when in the app.
Also, the ability to add custom bullet symbols would be a great feature to add. I’d feel like i got my money’s worth even with just that.
All in all I wouldn’t say I regret my purchase, but I do wish it was more personalizable if I’m going to spend money on an app. Otherwise I can just use the native Reminders app with more robust features.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lightcage LLC
- 71.8 MB
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Lightcage LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.