BuoyWhale provides easy access to the latest condition reports from NOAA buoys around the world. Customizable alerts make sure you always know whats happening at the buoys you care most about.
● Buoy markers provide instant condition readings by displaying wind speed and direction.
● Zoom in or out to change your geographic conditions perspective.
● Conditions are automatically refreshed ever 5 minutes.
● Units indicator reminds you of wind speed units displayed in the buoy markers.
● The filter buttons let you switch between displaying all buoys and only your favorite buoys and/or hiding buoys with stale data for a more focused view.
● Create custom alerts to be notified when wind and/or wave conditions at buoys you care about reach criteria you have set.
● Easily manage alerts from the All Alerts view.
● Pause alerts without deleting them from the All Alerts view.
● Touch an alert to launch BuoyWhale and scroll the map to the buoy specified in the alert.
● Press and hold an alert to open an enhanced alert window with additional alert details. (iOS 12+)
● See detailed current conditions as reported by each buoy.
● Current conditions age and next update time as predicted by BuoyWhale.
● Get sun and moon rise/set times for the current day.
● Wind speed and gust chart plots conditions from the past 10 readings.
● Wind rose shows wind direction, speed and frequency for the past 10 readings.
● Barometric pressure and tendency charted for the past 10 readings.
● Set wind and/or wave alerts for the current buoy.
● Add or remove the current buoy from your favorites list.
Note: data reported by each buoy can vary. Data reported may include: wind speed, wind gust speed, wind direction, barometric pressure, air and sea temperature, dew point, wave height and frequency, tide, and visibility.
All Buoys List
● Scroll through the entire list of NOAA buoys around the world.
● Quickly search and filter the buoy list by buoy name and/or description.
● Sort by: distance, favorites, last update, or station name.
● Filter the list so that only favorite buoys are displayed.
● Access buoy conditions directly from the All Buoys list.
● Scroll the map to any buoy from the All Buoys list.
● Customize observation units for temperature, wind speed, barometric pressure, and wave height.
● Automatically center the map on the last location at start up.
● Go ad free for one year via the optional in-app purchase.
Tell a friend about BuoyWhale
● From the sharing menu, send a link to BuoyWhale in the iTunes store via iMessage, Email, or social media.
Rate BuoyWhale in the iTunes Store
● Tell us what you think about BuoyWhale. We love to get feedback to help guide the future direction of BuoyWhale.
Follow BuoyWhale on Twitter
● Follow BuoyWhale on Twitter to stay up to date on all of the latest news about BuoyWhale.
This release focuses on stability. Several pesky crashes were fixed.
This version, 2.7.2, will be the last release to support iOS 10 and iOS 11. This version will continue to work for the foreseeable. However, it will not receive any further updates. Beginning with BuoyWhale 3.0, the minimum iOS version required will be 12.0.
Ratings and Reviews
User Friendly App
easy to read interface, not cluttered with
One of the best apps to date
Easy to navigate fast real time data thank you!
Love it. Keeps me fresh for oncoming wx.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Swanson Industries, LLC
- 36.3 MB
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.2 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2021 Swanson Industries, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.