The Burn Medical Education (BurnMEd) app is intended to be an educational companion for medical students and trainees in a classroom setting under the supervision of an appropriately trained and licensed physician. This app features an assessment of body surface area using a dynamic 3-dimensional model.
FEATURES IN THIS VERSION
• An alternative method to traditional surface area calculations.
• Elegant and simple interface.
• Male, female and child models.
• Step-by-step educational guides for the early assessment of severe injuries.
• Educational video and image tutorials that assess burn severity & instruct on proper handling care.
• Metric and imperial units.
Updated to iOS 11.3
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Why won't it calculate the parkland?
It could be that I am using it incorrectly however in that case then it needs to be more straightforward on how to get to the calculation but if the app is going to have me put all the info in for the equation then I would expect it to spit out the number for me. The three dimensional model is awesome and the fact you can change from male female and child.
As an EM physician even though I know the formula just having something that would shave seconds off my care lets me be faster and I wish this would help me take it one step further.
I am a physician assistant in a level one trauma facility. This app is by far the best tool I have found to measure accurate burn surface area. It takes out all of the guesswork. It is also very simple and straightforward. It gives you the info you need to treat the patient within seconds. Great app!
- Johns Hopkins Technology Transfer
- 146.1 MB
Requires iOS 11.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Johns Hopkins University
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.