Fake news, echo chambers and unconscious bias. How do you get out of a filter bubble if you don’t know you’re in one? Enter Burst.
For everything in your feed, Burst finds reposts all over reddit and intelligently merges the comments together. This helps you see things from other perspectives to foster a more open mindset.
If a link in your feed is reposted across r/apple, r/iphone and r/technology, Burst merges them all into a single discussion. Links posted to r/politics, r/conservative, and r/liberal are combined to help break down filter bubbles you might be stuck in.
Hello again! I'm back and fixing bugs and adding safety features. This update includes:
- See something nasty? Now you can report posts, comments, and messages
- See someone nasty? Now you can block users and make 'em go away for good
- Added links to the reddit privacy and content policies, so you can brush up on what's naughty and what's nice
- Swiping back from a subreddit for the first time no longer opens the drawer
- Fixes a crash when trying to scroll and exit the image previewer at the same time
- Fixes a crash when commenting goes horribly wrong
- Some cleanups under the hood
Ratings and Reviews
Beautifully simple and smooth but...
The Ui is so smooth and simple and looks so good however some thing I wish the app had are: 1) the option to toggle auto play for videos and gifs so you don’t have to click a post to watch the video or get redirected to an external site, 2) subreddit heading so I know what subreddit the post is from at a glance. 3) full image cards, again so you can just scroll through content. 4) hide read posts on scroll.
Other than that,this client has so much potential.
I’ve tried almost every Reddit client on the App Store. I keep going back to the official Reddit app because it has everything I need and for now this app is still a work in progress. I’ve noticed little animation glitches when swiping between comments and I hope a compose button will be added so I can send messages to other Reddit users on here. That along with message notifications would make me delete the official app once and for all. Great start! Keep up the good work!
If this app had full-size cards like narwhal or the official app and you could enable auto play of stuff like gifs, it would be my default app hands down. Easily the most attractive reddit app I have used.
For me, the way the comments work is perfect. Not only do I get the ‘bubble burst’ thing going, but it seems to cut down on a little of the rabbit hole-esque memery that the comments always revolve into after one or 2 levels of comments.
- Alex Duckmanton
- 10.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Alex Duckmanton
- In-App Purchases
- Buy me a coffee $1.99
- Buy me a banh mi $3.99
- Buy me a fancy beer $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.