Bus New York City 4+
MTA Bus Time & Official Maps
Electric Labs Ltd
- Offers In-App Purchases
** NEW ** Realtime Subway Departures powered by MTA Subway Time- just $0.99 as an in-app-add-on!
BUS NYC IS THE MOST FEATURE RICH NEW YORK CITY BUS APP AVAILABLE, ENHANCED WITH MTA BUS TIME.
*** Winner at the MTA AT&T App Quest Awards! ***
* Find out when the next buses are scheduled to arrive.
* With MTA Bus Time®, we can give you live departure info and bus positions for all MTA buses in New York.
* **NEW** Realtime Subway departures for the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, L and S (42 St Shuttle), all for just $0.99! More realtime routes will be added as they become available.
* View full bus timetables for a selected service even when you don't have an internet connection e.g. find out when the last bus is scheduled to leave.
* View official MTA route maps for the Subway and the bus networks in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx & Staten Island.
* Find out latest news that might affect your daily commute, as well as status updates for bus, subway, rail, bridges & tunnels.
* Add stops to your favorites so you can quickly find out when your next buses are due to arrive.
* View bus routes on the map and find out where they go.
* Search for a location or pin point your current position on the map so you can find nearby bus stops.
* Use the official MTA Journey planner to find out how to get from A to B.
* Lots of information about the MTA, including fares and MetroCards, FAQs, accessibility, contact details, how to get to and from the airports and lots more.
* Find out the latest news about your transport network, including improvements and innovations.
* Plus: many of the features work offline! Use it whilst on the Subway, or when you have no signal.
Be green! Let's try and get more people using public transport in New York City!
We love to receive feedback :) Email us at busNYC@electriclabs.com for comments or suggestions you have about the app.
This app was produced by Electric Labs Ltd under licence from the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
For a full list of supported bus routes, please visit:
* Bug fixes
If you can spare a moment, writing a review really helps us to spread the word and support development :) Each time we release a new version of the app, our reviews disappear, so if you’ve reviewed in the past, we would appreciate if you could resubmit your review!
Ratings and Reviews
Shows multiple bus locations
I have several apps on my phone that give me location / schedule data on trains and buses in NYC, including the MTA’s new app. They each do something that the other doesn’t, so that’s why I still have multiple apps that do the same thing. What this app does that no other does is that it shows the GPS locations of all the buses on the route you choose. During rush hour, it’s very helpful to quickly see that you just missed a bus, but there’s another one coming. Other times, a packed bus comes by, but I can see that the next one is just around the corner, so I’ll wait for that one. The UI is has fallen behind, though. I have another app that train and bus info is displayed in a much more user friendly way (I use that one for non rush-hour travel). And the MTA app has become the only one I use for train times. Shocking, I know.
Reliable, easy to use app - can’t live without it
My apartment is 15 minutes from the nearest subway station, and my job is not easily accessible via subway. So I’m on the bus a lot. The Bus NYC app is simpler and more reliable than Maps or Citymapper - probably because it focuses on doing one thing well (and succeeds!). Both the wait time and checking the location of buses on the map inform my decision about whether or not to wait, and whether to get on a local or wait for SBS. Favorites screen makes the app super efficient. I can and do depend on Bus NYC to help me get around the city quickly. The very few times I’ve had issues, the development team is very responsive. Bus NYC is the best!
No longer only in my day dreams!!!
This is an app I always wished someone would create. As soon as I heard that someone had put it together, I bought it. At the time only a few buses in my borough were real time and it was still a lifesaver, because the MTA website made it nearly impossible to find even basic bus schedules. Now I'm hoping the same app can be created for NYC trains. Also, it should be noted that the support team is incredibly responsive. If you ever have any issues, contact them! They respond asap and will have a solution within the day.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Electric Labs Ltd
- 102.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Electric Labs Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- Subway Add On $0.99