"If you're a mobile networker, this is an app you'll definitely like." -TechCrunch
Instant recognition of business cards right on your iPhone. Import contact information from a business card directly to your iOS Contacts. Out-of-the-box integration with Salesforce and Evernote. Easy integration with other CRM systems. Featured in iPhone TV commercials.
"Business Card Reader for iPhone is way better than the alternative. It's not free, but it'll easily pay for itself after your next new business card." -IntoMobile
"Working from home can mean spending a lot of time on the phone to keep in touch with colleagues or customers. To manage all these contacts' business cards, check out Business Card Reader" -The New York Times
"The best text scanning app yet." -TouchMyApps
Business Card Reader is an excellent tool for business people, exhibitors at trade shows, expo attendees and sales staff — anyone who networks regularly!
No need to manually enter contact information — Business Card Reader provides a time- and cost-efficient way to enter and organize important contacts.
Business Card Reader recognizes business cards in English, French, German, Spanish, Czech, Italian, Danish, Dutch, Greek, Norwegian, Estonian, Indonesian, Finnish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese and Korean.
Business Card Reader takes a picture of a business card, 'reads' it using text recognition technology and automatically fills in appropriate contact information fields in iOS address book, which can be easily checked and edited.
• Accurate recognition of business cards with multi-language support
• Smart contact field filling: emails, phone numbers, websites
• Background image processing saves time when scanning multiple cards
• Business Card Reader Cloud: easy edit cards on the web and keep them backed-up securely in the cloud. Available as in-app subscription
• Export to Salesforce as Contact, Lead or Account available as in-app subscription
• Export to Evernote
• Export as .xlsx
• Export to VCard
• Optional integration with existing CRM systems
Business Card Holder allows you to search and sort contacts, e-mail and call contacts directly
BCR Cloud features
• Quickly edit cards on the web
• Two-way sync with iPhone and iPad
• Keep recognized cards backed-up on our secure server
• Advanced Contact Search: by name, company, address, etc.
BCR Cloud is offered as a yearly subscription for $16.99 per year.
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
BCR Cloud website: http://bcr.shape.ag
INTEGRATION WITH SALESFORCE1 HOW-TO GUIDE:
INTEGRATION WITH EXISTING CRM SYSTEMS HOW-TO GUIDE:
HOW TO GET GOOD RECOGNITION RESULTS
1. Place the business card on a flat surface.
2. Good lighting is key: bright desk lamp or direct sunlight are necessary.
3. Hold the device right above the card. Keep the card aligned with BCR viewfinder edges and adjust iPhone/iPad positioning so that the card fits the screen size.
4. Tap the screen to take the picture.
5. After the recognition is done, you can check the results.
6. Tap Save to add the contact into your iOS address book.
- iOS 12 bug fixes & performance improvements
If you enjoy using Business Card Reader Pro, please leave a review. Thank you!
Ratings and Reviews
But what is. Have the Pro version for several years. All upgrades occurred without incident and without me knowing it. New phones were never an issue. It will accurately scan and decipher most cards (maybe 80%). Cards that are colorful with exotic fonts or unconventional in some form or fashion will not scan properly. Loved the app until now.
Recently something has changed that has given me reason to research alternative products. When I scan a card it will place it into my contacts (IPhone/Outlook). Within seconds that contact will be on my main server and I can see it in MS Outlook on my PC. At least it used too. Now, it will scan and place it in my IPhone contacts and I can access when composing a new email or text however it will not upload(sync) with my server. If I manually create a contact on my phone it will sync with my server. If I create a contact on my PC it will sync with my phone. Only contacts created with BCR will not sync. What changed? This issue is now a deal breaker and renders this app essentially useless to me.
If I didn’t need to sync with a PC then I would give it 5 stars.
Great App with hard to find features
One of the great features is the ability to see where the ODR is reading from. As an example, it reads the phone number and puts in what the OCR thinks it is. When you click within the phone field a small window of the image displays the exact character it is "reading" as a 9 (or whatever).
After reading fairly good reviews, I downloaded app and have been using often. It is VERY hit and miss. I often (1 out of every 3) get gibberish in all or most fields - and more often, I’m manually correcting at least one field. I can’t figure out why… Sometimes it’s over cellular, sometimes it’s when connected to Wi-Fi. And doesn’t seem tied To whether bus. card are white paperstock, traditional formats or more creative in layout. Other times it works like a charm. But if you’re looking to frequently and put cards as I am, having to manually enter 1 of every 3 is neither impressive nor useful.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- SHAPE GmbH
- 133 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2015 SHAPE
- In-App Purchases
- East Asian (CJK) Language Pack $0.00
- Cloud Archive and Web Editor $16.99
- Export to Salesforce - 3 months $26.99
- Export to Salesforce - 1 year $69.99